No Video XP SP2 and Windows Messenger 4.7?

I have Windows Messenger 4.7 running on XP SP2 machine. I can see myself in
the webcam fine. But when I want to have video conversation with both video
and audio together I got a blank screen displaying in my webcam and no video
is sent out the party I have requested a video call with. The same is
happening on my brothers computer up in Boston. (I am in New York.) Both
machines are setup basically the same XP SP2 and Windows Messenger 4.7.

Anyone have any ideas as to why we cannot see each other?

Greetings,

What kind of webcam is it?
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"AFReid" <artreidns@optonline.net> wrote in message news:SSmze.152740$t07.27177@fe12.lga...
> I have Windows Messenger 4.7 running on XP SP2 machine. I can see myself in the webcam
> fine. But when I want to have video conversation with both video and audio together I got
> a blank screen displaying in my webcam and no video is sent out the party I have requested
> a video call with. The same is happening on my brothers computer up in Boston. (I am in New
> York.) Both machines are setup basically the same XP SP2 and Windows Messenger 4.7.
>
> Anyone have any ideas as to why we cannot see each other?

I have a Logitech ClickSmart 310 on my computer. There is a Logitech
Quickcam Messenger. Not sure how relevent this is but both have built-in
Mics. I should note I have tried Netmeeting which nets the same results.
Ijust in stalled a product called Microsoft Portrait and it seems to work
but the bandwidth/video is very slow? Both myself and my have Broadband (I
have Optimum Online here in New York my brother has Verizon DSL in Boston...

> Greetings,
>
> What kind of webcam is it?
> Jonathan Kay
> Associate Expert
>
> "AFReid" <artreidns@optonline.net> wrote in message
>> I have Windows Messenger 4.7 running on XP SP2 machine. I can see myself
>> in the webcam fine. But when I want to have video conversation with both
>> video and audio together I got a blank screen displaying in my webcam and
>> no video is sent out the party I have requested a video call with. The
>> same is happening on my brothers computer up in Boston. (I am in New
>> York.) Both machines are setup basically the same XP SP2 and Windows
>> Messenger 4.7.
>>
>> Anyone have any ideas as to why we cannot see each other?

Can anyone in this NG help me???