Cannot Exit Windows Messenger

Sam

Hello,

I'm using Windows Messenger 4.7 on Windows XP Professional and it seems that
everytime i start the program and try to exit messenger from the taskbar it
gives me this error:

"Windows Messenger
There are other applications currently using features provided by Windows
Messenger. You must close these other applications before you exit Windows
Messenger. These applications may include Outlook, Outlook Express, MSN
Explorer, and Internet Explorer."

I don't understand what I need to do. I do have Norton Internet Security
2004 which has Norton Antivirus. I went into the options and click Instant
Messenger and unchecked Windows Messenger (recommended). However, the
problem still remains and Outlook and Outlook Express isn't using any of
these features either.

I would appreciate some assistance.

Thank you,
Sam