S-ware support at Dell-- Only fee-based???

I just bought this Inspiron 2200.

I am having problems that might be s-ware related regarding their SONIC CD
software that came on my computer.

Am I misunderstanding this: Dell seems to imply that all their software
help is fee-based??

Would that be true in this case?? (I have a 1 yr. warranty)

Mel

"MB_" <mel@prodigy.invalid.net> wrote in message
>I just bought this Inspiron 2200.
>
> I am having problems that might be s-ware related regarding their SONIC CD
> software that came on my computer.
>
> Am I misunderstanding this: Dell seems to imply that all their software
> help is fee-based??
>
> Would that be true in this case?? (I have a 1 yr. warranty)
>
> Mel

Since it is not DELL software that might be the case. You might get some
free help from the software mfg which is Roxio

No misunderstanding. Like virtually every other OEM, Dell's warranty covers
the hardware only (which includes drivers are BIOS updates.) There's plenty
of information about software on Dell's web site, but it's general in nature
(how to re-install your software, how to avoid viruses, etc.)
--
Ted Zieglar
"You can do it if you try."

"MB_" <mel@prodigy.invalid.net> wrote in message
> I just bought this Inspiron 2200.
>
> I am having problems that might be s-ware related regarding their SONIC CD
> software that came on my computer.
>
> Am I misunderstanding this: Dell seems to imply that all their software
> help is fee-based??
>
> Would that be true in this case?? (I have a 1 yr. warranty)
>
> Mel

Mel;
If there is an actual problem with the software, it is probably covered.
But if your problem relates to your knowledge or inability to use the
software, it will be fee based for Dell to show you how or teach you how to
use it.

--
Jupiter Jones
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"MB_" <mel@prodigy.invalid.net> wrote in message
>I just bought this Inspiron 2200.
>
> I am having problems that might be s-ware related regarding their SONIC CD
> software that came on my computer.
>
> Am I misunderstanding this: Dell seems to imply that all their software
> help is fee-based??
>
> Would that be true in this case?? (I have a 1 yr. warranty)
>
> Mel

James

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

MB_ <mel@prodigy.invalid.net> wrote:
> I just bought this Inspiron 2200.

> I am having problems that might be s-ware related regarding their SONIC CD
> software that came on my computer.

> Am I misunderstanding this: Dell seems to imply that all their software
> help is fee-based??

> Would that be true in this case?? (I have a 1 yr. warranty)

> Mel

Hi Mel -

http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums/search
http://www.deja.com/
http://support.sonic.com/

You'll have much better luck. Call Dell when you're sure it's a
hardware issue. You'll do best if you use Dell support strictly
for RMAs.

By the way, Sonic is not my first pick for DVD authoring. It
was extremely unstable when I used it. If Dell shipped the
POS in the box, and it's crashing, I'd say they have a responsibility
to help you fix the issue.

But that won't happen. Best case scenario - you'll be talking to
a poorly educated script reader for 90 minutes with no resolution
in sight.