Windows Messenger won't notify about incoming emails

July 9, 2005 11:24:21 AM

Hello All,

Sorry about the silly question, but I thought Windows Messenger would
send a notification (alert) when a new email has been received on your
Hotmail account.. however, it isn't working.. What can be wrong? there
is any parameter that I should activate?

Thanks,

FBM

--
ferbarPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access
Anonymous

It is in the tools/options menu. then the prefaces tab.
"ferbar" <ferbar.1rw46a@> wrote in message

> Hello All,
>
> Sorry about the silly question, but I thought Windows Messenger would
> send a notification (alert) when a new email has been received on your
> Hotmail account.. however, it isn't working.. What can be wrong? there
> is any parameter that I should activate?
>
> Thanks,
>
> FBM
>

> --
> ferbarPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access

Anonymous
July 9, 2005 7:18:22 PM

Greetings,

This functionality was actually removed was quite some time ago. If you want this
functionality, you'll need to use MSN Messenger instead (http://messenger.msn.com/download).
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"ferbar" <ferbar.1rw46a@> wrote in message news:soGdnR8uMPXs6VLfRVn_vg@giganews.com...

> Hello All,
>
> Sorry about the silly question, but I thought Windows Messenger would
> send a notification (alert) when a new email has been received on your
> Hotmail account.. however, it isn't working.. What can be wrong? there
> is any parameter that I should activate?
>
> Thanks,
>
> FBM
>

> --
> ferbarPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access

Anonymous
July 9, 2005 9:00:05 PM

Oops. Sorry about that. Disreguard my reply then. <frown>
news:o wOz5rLhFHA.576@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...

!