Windows Messenger won't notify about incoming emails

Hello All,

Sorry about the silly question, but I thought Windows Messenger would
send a notification (alert) when a new email has been received on your
Hotmail account.. however, it isn't working.. What can be wrong? there
is any parameter that I should activate?

Thanks,

FBM

--
ferbarPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access
3 answers Last reply

    It is in the tools/options menu. then the prefaces tab.
    "ferbar" <ferbar.1rw46a@> wrote in message

    > Hello All,
    >
    > Sorry about the silly question, but I thought Windows Messenger would
    > send a notification (alert) when a new email has been received on your
    > Hotmail account.. however, it isn't working.. What can be wrong? there
    > is any parameter that I should activate?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > FBM
    >

    > --
    > ferbarPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access

    Greetings,

    This functionality was actually removed was quite some time ago. If you want this
    functionality, you'll need to use MSN Messenger instead (http://messenger.msn.com/download).
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "ferbar" <ferbar.1rw46a@> wrote in message news:soGdnR8uMPXs6VLfRVn_vg@giganews.com...

    > Hello All,
    >
    > Sorry about the silly question, but I thought Windows Messenger would
    > send a notification (alert) when a new email has been received on your
    > Hotmail account.. however, it isn't working.. What can be wrong? there
    > is any parameter that I should activate?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > FBM
    >

    > --
    > ferbarPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access

    Oops. Sorry about that. Disreguard my reply then. <frown>
    > Greetings,
    >
    > This functionality was actually removed was quite some time ago. If you
    > want this functionality, you'll need to use MSN Messenger instead
    > (http://messenger.msn.com/download).
    > Jonathan Kay
    > Associate Expert
    >
    > "ferbar" <ferbar.1rw46a@> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Hello All,
    >>
    >> Sorry about the silly question, but I thought Windows Messenger would
    >> send a notification (alert) when a new email has been received on your
    >> Hotmail account.. however, it isn't working.. What can be wrong? there
    >> is any parameter that I should activate?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> FBM
    >>

    >> --
    >> ferbarPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access

Newsgroup Messenger Microsoft Windows XP