Windows Messenger to my Win 2000 PC

I want to install Windows Messenger to my Win 2000 PC. I can't because the
offered versions support only XP and above.

Can someone advise please?

Jino
3 answers Last reply
More about windows messenger 2000

    Make sure you are downloading the latest version of Windows Messenger
    (version 5.1)

    Windows Messenger 5.1
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=a8d9eb73-5f8c-4b9a-940f-9157a3b3d774&DisplayLang=en

    Also make sure you meet the system requirements listed at that above link.

    --
    Gary Tsang
    Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User

    "Jino" <jino@triko.com> wrote in message
    >I want to install Windows Messenger to my Win 2000 PC. I can't because the
    > offered versions support only XP and above.
    >
    > Can someone advise please?
    >
    > Jino

    Thanks Mr. Tsang,
    Is it possible to download earlier version of Windows Messenger, since I
    don't want to install the requirements for the last version?

    Is it possible to install the version that come with the installation and
    how?

    Thanks again

    Jino

    "Gary Tsang" <gtsangDELETE@MEaumha.org> wrote in message
    > Make sure you are downloading the latest version of Windows Messenger
    > (version 5.1)
    >
    > Windows Messenger 5.1

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=a8d9eb73-5f8c-4b9a-
    940f-9157a3b3d774&DisplayLang=en

    > Also make sure you meet the system requirements listed at that above link.
    >
    > --
    > Gary Tsang
    > Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User
    > http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
    >

    > "Jino" <jino@triko.com> wrote in message
    > >I want to install Windows Messenger to my Win 2000 PC. I can't because
    the
    > > offered versions support only XP and above.
    > >
    > > Can someone advise please?
    > >
    > > Jino

    Hallo Victor,

    Victor <victor@kart.com> schrieb:

    > Is it possible to download earlier version of Windows Messenger,
    > since I don't want to install the requirements for the last version?

    As for the Windows validation: one click further, it may be skipped.
    As for SP4, it is required for all versions of WM to run on Win2000.
    Be aware: No version of WM on Win2000 allows for "video conversation".

    --
    FAQ Messenger & Netmeeting: http://www.uni-essen.de/kitt/faq-nm.htm
    Tschuess, regards, salut, Thomas Bliesener, MVP http://tinyurl.com/rqed

Messenger Microsoft Windows XP