Messenger 5.1 does not start

Greetings,

I've installed Windows Messenger 5.1 on several Windows systems (Win XP SP1,
Win XP SP2 and Windows 2003 Server) to connect to a LCS 2005 server.

When I try to start messenger. no thing happens. Messenger does not want to
start. These system were upgrade from messenger 5.0. I tried uninstalling
and reinstalling. But, messenger still does not want to start.

Please advise on how to troubleshoot and correct this issue.

Thanks,

Nick
2 answers Last reply
More about messenger start

    Greetings Nick,

    Download and run both of these .reg files:
    http://messenger.jonathankay.com/downloads/enablewindowsmessenger_user.reg
    http://messenger.jonathankay.com/downloads/enablemessenger.reg

    You'll need to reboot to see the change.
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "Nick V. Kosmas" <noemailaddress@domain.com> wrote in message
    > Greetings,
    >
    > I've installed Windows Messenger 5.1 on several Windows systems (Win XP SP1,
    > Win XP SP2 and Windows 2003 Server) to connect to a LCS 2005 server.
    >
    > When I try to start messenger. no thing happens. Messenger does not want to
    > start. These system were upgrade from messenger 5.0. I tried uninstalling
    > and reinstalling. But, messenger still does not want to start.
    >
    > Please advise on how to troubleshoot and correct this issue.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Nick

    Thanks, Jonathan. That did the trick.

    Nick

    > Greetings Nick,
    >
    > Download and run both of these .reg files:
    > http://messenger.jonathankay.com/downloads/enablewindowsmessenger_user.reg
    > http://messenger.jonathankay.com/downloads/enablemessenger.reg
    >
    > You'll need to reboot to see the change.
    > Jonathan Kay
    > Associate Expert
    >

    > "Nick V. Kosmas" <noemailaddress@domain.com> wrote in message
    > > Greetings,
    > >
    > > I've installed Windows Messenger 5.1 on several Windows systems (Win XP
    SP1,
    > > Win XP SP2 and Windows 2003 Server) to connect to a LCS 2005 server.
    > >
    > > When I try to start messenger. no thing happens. Messenger does not
    want to
    > > start. These system were upgrade from messenger 5.0. I tried
    uninstalling
    > > and reinstalling. But, messenger still does not want to start.
    > >
    > > Please advise on how to troubleshoot and correct this issue.
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > >
    > > Nick

Windows Server 2003 Messenger Windows XP