Whats the deal with thoroughbred?

billd222

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2001
Hey all,

I keep waiting and waiting to build my new comp and was aboot to plunge for a KT333 chipset but now I'm hearing talk aboot new thoroughbred processors being launched in next couple of weeks. I had waited out for KT333 and then for ATA133 and then USB2.0. ARGH I'm never gonna get this built >:-o
Anyway is there anywhere I can find some upto date juicy info on the new processors? THW seems to not have so much.

Thank ya,

Bill D.

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
Just get a cheap $40 Duron 800MHz for now on your KT333 and when the T-bred arrives, upgrade.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

billd222

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2001
Oh yeah, thats a swell idea. (I'm trying to bring the word Swell back into style along with the mullet HA)
I wasnt sure that the new thorughbreds would be compatible with existing Motherboards. If they are then well thats pretty damn swell ;)!

FatBurger

Illustrious
That's actually a hell of an idea, though you may want to go with a $70 1.2 Duron or so, and get some better resale.

BTW, I just got back from lunch with Jerry, and he said the Thoroughbred is going to be released on April 29th.

<font color=blue>If you don't buy Windows, then the terrorists have already won!</font color=blue> - Microsoft

pvsurfer

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2001
Did you drink your lunch?

<b>God bless the <font color=red>U</font color=red><font color=white>S</font color=white><font color=blue>A</font color=blue></b>

bront

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2001
BTW, I just got back from lunch with Jerry, and he said the Thoroughbred is going to be released on April 29th.
That for Desktops, or Laptops/Servers?

Trollin' trollin' trollin', keep them doggies postin', my fingers are swollen, Rawhide!

FatBurger

Illustrious
Why the hell would I drink my lunch? I got a bacon cheeseburger, naturally.

Damn, that sounds good right now.

<font color=blue>If you don't buy Windows, then the terrorists have already won!</font color=blue> - Microsoft

FiL

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2002
damn you!

i could just do with a cheeseburger now

good to know the the T-Bred will finally get a release in April, although I guess they have a few weeks to reverse that decision and but it back some more :)

anyone know for sure what freq/PR the first T-Bred will be?

2200+ , 2400+ ????????

i wonder

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by FiL on 04/03/02 00:08 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

FatBurger

Illustrious
I actually did have a bacon cheeseburger for lunch today, but a few hours after I mentioned it.

Why are people talking about drinking their lunch? I'm confused :eek:

kief

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2001
HAHA im not sure. From what I can gather it was a suggestion that Jerry likes to have a few drinks on his lunch as it was in response to:

"BTW, I just got back from lunch with Jerry, and he said the Thoroughbred is going to be released on April 29th."

Jesus saves, but Mario scores!!!

pvsurfer

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2001
Why the hell would I drink my lunch? I got a bacon cheeseburger, naturally.
Ok, but what did you wash it down with? ...just kidding FB :lol:

<b>God bless the <font color=red>U</font color=red><font color=white>S</font color=white><font color=blue>A</font color=blue></b>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
AMD doesn't want to risk ruining their reputation as being a cheap processor manufacturer by releasing a superior processor. They are waiting for Intel to release something faster so that they can maintain their position as being a market follower instead of a market leader.

What's the frequency, Kenneth?

FatBurger

Illustrious
That's up to the individual motherboard more than the chipset. Most KT133a boards can support the XP, but most KT7a's can not.