License (permission) to use Messenger at Work

Hi, I read in the Messenger licence agreement that is can be used freely for
private usage, but if it is to be used for business - then permission needs
to be obtained. I have no idea who to contact in this regard? Any ideas?
(am based in the UK).

Thanks!

WayneS wrote:

> Hi, I read in the Messenger licence agreement that is can be used freely for
> private usage, but if it is to be used for business - then permission needs
> to be obtained. I have no idea who to contact in this regard? Any ideas?
> (am based in the UK).
>
> Thanks!

Which messenger are you talking about, Windows Messenger or MSN
Messenger? If your Windows instalation included Windows Messenger, then
your use of Windows Messenger, like Internet Explorer and Outlook
Express, should be covered by your Windows license.

Typically, this would be your IT department. They might have their own
policies on whether IM usage is permitted or not.

--
Gary Tsang
Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User