English menu in Japan

July 15, 2005 3:33:43 PM

Using Version 7.0. 90 of the interface is in English, I imagine that's the
part that is installed when downloading the upgrade.

However, all the content tabs and the ad window at the bottom is Japanese.
Not really a problem, but I'd like the English content to appear. Seems to
me that this information must be filled in because of the location of the IP
which in my case is Japan. But, English my native language.... is there a
way to get the tabs and ad in English. I've been through all the settings,
etc and can't figure it out.

Thanks

More about : english menu japan

Anonymous
July 15, 2005 3:42:19 PM

Greetings James,

This is based on your Passport locale. Unfortunately if you want English here you'll need to
set your locale to somewhere else where English is primarily spoken (UK, US, etc.). Your
locale can be changed here:
https://accountservices.msn.com/editprof.srf?vv=30&lc=1...
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"James E Middleton" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Using Version 7.0. 90 of the interface is in English, I imagine that's the part that is
> installed when downloading the upgrade.
>
> However, all the content tabs and the ad window at the bottom is Japanese. Not really a
> problem, but I'd like the English content to appear. Seems to me that this information must
> be filled in because of the location of the IP which in my case is Japan. But, English my
> native language.... is there a way to get the tabs and ad in English. I've been through all
> the settings, etc and can't figure it out.
>

> Thanks

Anonymous
July 16, 2005 1:48:38 PM

Jonathan,

Thanks a million, I've been trying to figure this out for a while now, I've
tried everything!!!

Wonderful!

> Greetings James,
>
> This is based on your Passport locale. Unfortunately if you want English
> here you'll need to set your locale to somewhere else where English is
> primarily spoken (UK, US, etc.). Your locale can be changed here:
> https://accountservices.msn.com/editprof.srf?vv=30&lc=1...
> Jonathan Kay
> Associate Expert
>
> "James E Middleton" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Using Version 7.0. 90 of the interface is in English, I imagine that's
>> the part that is installed when downloading the upgrade.
>>
>> However, all the content tabs and the ad window at the bottom is
>> Japanese. Not really a problem, but I'd like the English content to
>> appear. Seems to me that this information must be filled in because of
>> the location of the IP which in my case is Japan. But, English my native
>> language.... is there a way to get the tabs and ad in English. I've been
>> through all the settings, etc and can't figure it out.
>>

>> Thanks

Anonymous
July 16, 2005 6:28:16 PM

H James,