MSN Messenger 7.0 hangs with webcams..

July 15, 2005 6:06:03 AM

Hi,

I haven't been able to find anyone else with this problem.

Since upgrading from 6.2 to 7.0, about 7 times out of 10 when someone stops
a webcam that I'm viewing, or declines my invitation to them to start viewing
webcam, or when I cancel my invitation to them to start sending, MSN
Messenger hangs. The only way out is for me to kill the process.

I'm running a fully patched XP SP2. I have a broadband connection. I also
have Zone Alarms firewall, but the problem persists if I turn this off. I use
AVG antivirus.

I've re-installed, by virtue of the fact that I tried to revert to 6.2, only
to find that Microsoft force me to upgrade again straight away.

I'm at a real loss.

Any ideas gratefully received.
Anonymous
July 19, 2005 1:19:18 AM

whenever i start a video conversation on msn it tells me i cant start a
conversation as well as send my webcam at the same time. i would love to go
back to an older version of msn but cant. any ideas?

x-- 30+ Days Binary Retention with High Completion
x-- Access to over 1.9 Terabytes per Day - $8.95/Month
x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD
Anonymous
July 19, 2005 1:19:19 AM

I'm no authority on this, but since so many of us don't
have that problem, why not just uninstall and reinstall
your MSN 7? Probably something corrupted, I'd think. You
know, I'm sure, that you should just Initiate a Video Conference and
not try to do so by starting a Webcam first.........

!