Echo When Using Audio/Video with MSN Messenger 7.0

July 15, 2005 4:28:01 PM

I have asked this question before but can't seem to get an answer that helps.

When I use audio/video with MSN Messenger 7.0 with a friend who has the same
messenging program, I hear a complete echo of my voice. I hear his voice
perfectly with no echo and he has no echo at his end. We have the headphones
box ticked, we have both run the audio tuning wizard and still an echo. When
he uses messenger with other people, he doesn't have the problem....so it
must be me.
Anonymous
July 16, 2005 10:03:27 PM

'We have the headphones box ticked, we have both run the audio tuning wizard
and still an echo.'

Are you both using headphones?

Is your friend using speakers, usually, the echo comes from your voice
coming out of their speakers, being picked up by their microphone, and being
transmitted back to you. Having the headphone box ticked will make no
difference if you are using speakers. Have your friend try changing the
position of their microphone or turning down their speakers until the echo
is eliminated or reduced to a bearable level.

HTH

Jim

"Wee Lassie" <WeeLassie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have asked this question before but can't seem to get an answer that
>helps.
>
> When I use audio/video with MSN Messenger 7.0 with a friend who has the
> same
> messenging program, I hear a complete echo of my voice. I hear his voice
> perfectly with no echo and he has no echo at his end. We have the
> headphones
> box ticked, we have both run the audio tuning wizard and still an echo.
> When
> he uses messenger with other people, he doesn't have the problem....so it
> must be me.
Anonymous
July 16, 2005 10:03:28 PM

We are both using headphones, not speakers.

"James E Middleton" wrote:

> 'We have the headphones box ticked, we have both run the audio tuning wizard
> and still an echo.'
>
> Are you both using headphones?
>
> Is your friend using speakers, usually, the echo comes from your voice
> coming out of their speakers, being picked up by their microphone, and being
> transmitted back to you. Having the headphone box ticked will make no
> difference if you are using speakers. Have your friend try changing the
> position of their microphone or turning down their speakers until the echo
> is eliminated or reduced to a bearable level.
>
> HTH
>
> Jim
>

> "Wee Lassie" <WeeLassie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have asked this question before but can't seem to get an answer that
> >helps.
> >
> > When I use audio/video with MSN Messenger 7.0 with a friend who has the
> > same
> > messenging program, I hear a complete echo of my voice. I hear his voice
> > perfectly with no echo and he has no echo at his end. We have the
> > headphones
> > box ticked, we have both run the audio tuning wizard and still an echo.
> > When
> > he uses messenger with other people, he doesn't have the problem....so it
> > must be me.

Anonymous
July 18, 2005 10:35:39 PM

"" wrote:
> 'We have the headphones box ticked, we have both run the audio
> tuning wizard
> and still an echo.'
>
> Are you both using headphones?
>
> Is your friend using speakers, usually, the echo comes from
> your voice
> coming out of their speakers, being picked up by their
> microphone, and being
> transmitted back to you. Having the headphone box ticked will
> make no
> difference if you are using speakers. Have your friend try
> changing the
> position of their microphone or turning down their speakers
> until the echo
> is eliminated or reduced to a bearable level.
>
> HTH
>
> Jim
>

> "Wee Lassie" <WeeLassie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message
> >I have asked this question before but can't seem to get an
> answer that
> >helps.
> >
> > When I use audio/video with MSN Messenger 7.0 with a friend
> who has the
> > same
> > messenging program, I hear a complete echo of my voice. I
> hear his voice
> > perfectly with no echo and he has no echo at his end. We
> have the
> > headphones
> > box ticked, we have both run the audio tuning wizard and
> still an echo.
> > When
> > he uses messenger with other people, he doesn't have the
> problem....so it
> > must be me.

check your audio drivers

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Messenger-Echo-Audio-Video...