Echo When Using Audio/Video with MSN Messenger 7.0

I have asked this question before but can't seem to get an answer that helps.

When I use audio/video with MSN Messenger 7.0 with a friend who has the same
messenging program, I hear a complete echo of my voice. I hear his voice
perfectly with no echo and he has no echo at his end. We have the headphones
box ticked, we have both run the audio tuning wizard and still an echo. When
he uses messenger with other people, he doesn't have the problem....so it
must be me.
3 answers Last reply
More about echo audio video messenger

    'We have the headphones box ticked, we have both run the audio tuning wizard
    and still an echo.'

    Are you both using headphones?

    Is your friend using speakers, usually, the echo comes from your voice
    coming out of their speakers, being picked up by their microphone, and being
    transmitted back to you. Having the headphone box ticked will make no
    difference if you are using speakers. Have your friend try changing the
    position of their microphone or turning down their speakers until the echo
    is eliminated or reduced to a bearable level.

    HTH

    Jim

    "Wee Lassie" <WeeLassie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have asked this question before but can't seem to get an answer that
    >helps.
    >
    > When I use audio/video with MSN Messenger 7.0 with a friend who has the
    > same
    > messenging program, I hear a complete echo of my voice. I hear his voice
    > perfectly with no echo and he has no echo at his end. We have the
    > headphones
    > box ticked, we have both run the audio tuning wizard and still an echo.
    > When
    > he uses messenger with other people, he doesn't have the problem....so it
    > must be me.

    We are both using headphones, not speakers.

    "" wrote:
    > 'We have the headphones box ticked, we have both run the audio
    > tuning wizard
    > and still an echo.'
    >
    > Are you both using headphones?
    >
    > Is your friend using speakers, usually, the echo comes from
    > your voice
    > coming out of their speakers, being picked up by their
    > microphone, and being
    > transmitted back to you. Having the headphone box ticked will
    > make no
    > difference if you are using speakers. Have your friend try
    > changing the
    > position of their microphone or turning down their speakers
    > until the echo
    > is eliminated or reduced to a bearable level.
    >
    > HTH
    >
    > Jim
    >

    > "Wee Lassie" <WeeLassie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    > message
    > >I have asked this question before but can't seem to get an
    > answer that
    > >helps.
    > >
    > > When I use audio/video with MSN Messenger 7.0 with a friend
    > who has the
    > > same
    > > messenging program, I hear a complete echo of my voice. I
    > hear his voice
    > > perfectly with no echo and he has no echo at his end. We
    > have the
    > > headphones
    > > box ticked, we have both run the audio tuning wizard and
    > still an echo.
    > > When
    > > he uses messenger with other people, he doesn't have the
    > problem....so it
    > > must be me.

    check your audio drivers

    Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Messenger-Echo-Audio-Video-MSN-ftopict396428.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1307742

Audio Messenger MSN Messenger Windows XP