camera problem (still / again)

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.msn.messenger,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

Hi,

While having a session with the webcam on, the following problem occurs...
The camera feed switches off... and neither me nor the other party had
anything to do with that (that we know of at least)...
I have tried 3 webcams (VEO Stingray, Logitech and Trust) and they all had
the same problem so I do not think the webcam itself is the problem...

Anyone able to help me fix this?
I have winxp pro, sp2 installed but the same problem occured with sp1 as
well

Marco
2 answers Last reply
More about camera problem still again
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.msn.messenger,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

    The DirectX 9.0c is required. Check if you have it

    "tFT" wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > While having a session with the webcam on, the following problem occurs...
    > The camera feed switches off... and neither me nor the other party had
    > anything to do with that (that we know of at least)...
    > I have tried 3 webcams (VEO Stingray, Logitech and Trust) and they all had
    > the same problem so I do not think the webcam itself is the problem...
    >
    > Anyone able to help me fix this?
    > I have winxp pro, sp2 installed but the same problem occured with sp1 as
    > well
    >
    > Marco

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.msn.messenger,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

    "Efrain" <Efrain@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > The DirectX 9.0c is required. Check if you have it
    >
    > "tFT" wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> While having a session with the webcam on, the following problem
    >> occurs...
    >> The camera feed switches off... and neither me nor the other party had
    >> anything to do with that (that we know of at least)...
    >> I have tried 3 webcams (VEO Stingray, Logitech and Trust) and they all
    >> had
    >> the same problem so I do not think the webcam itself is the problem...
    >>
    >> Anyone able to help me fix this?
    >> I have winxp pro, sp2 installed but the same problem occured with sp1 as
    >> well
    >>
    >> Marco

    Thanks for the reply!
    I will most certainly check if I have it!

    Also, I noticed that after a recent Windows Update Windows re-enabled it's
    own firewall... Since I found that out yesterday, I have had no more
    problems...

Webcams Cameras Microsoft Windows XP