Revolution Controller

Archived from groups: (More info?)

This may have been mentioned before but I'm not sure so I'll mention it
anyways. I've heard a lot of people say that the new controller might
alienate third party developers. Here's my question, since the
Revolution is backward compatible with the GC and has four GC controller
ports on it, how hard would it be for third party developers to just
develop for the GC controller to be used in their games? I mean I know
that a lot of companies will want to take advantage of the new features
of the new controller, but if EA decided it didn't want to with it's
latest Madden multi-platform release, how hard would it be for them to
just use the GC controller instead?

MxM

Distinguished
May 23, 2005
>I've heard a lot of people say that the new controller might
>alienate third party developers.

Why is that? Because it has new features? But I thought if you don't want to use them, just don't use them, it should work as a standard controller as well, shouldn't it?

sandmannight

I am passing up on the revolutions becasue of the controller. I know it is inovative buy I want regular controllers. I mean how are all the games going to use that thing

syne

If you pass up a console due to the first sight of a controller then your a tard to say the least, Nintendo have been THE innovator when it comes to what your hands touch, all pads today are direct descendents of the snes and n64 pads, you want to watch your mouth or you'll end up using crap sony 2nd hand copied ideas for the rest of your gaming life.
Don't knock it till you know it.! :evil: :D

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
I think it is a good controller and you can throw it to your opponent to distract and keep him from winning the game. :D It would be like the remote control and keeps disappearing and everyone is going to be pissed off.

pokemon

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2004
I have just gotten word directly from one of the designers for Nintendo on the controller design to assist the remote design for the Nintendo Revolution. He felt so proud of his design that he just had to get it out to the public. He specifically stated that their goal was to improve even more on the Gamecube controller design (which I might add is an immensely difficult task, as both Jing Ling and I agreed on). What he gave me was astounding. I was taken back by the genius put into the design. I would like to know your reaction to this. I agree that this design put the Gamecube design into the stone age. This might even be a selling point for the Revolution. With this controller and the remote that has gotten such popular fame, I think there will be a Nintendo Revolution in nearly every home. What do you think?
Nintendo Revolution Controller Design

Panzerzero

WOW that controller was so cool. I think I'll go watch some cartoons now. The revolution is for kids grow up because Nitendo never did. I don't care if you are only 19 move out of you moms house and get a life. We don't all want to play the lame kids games Nitendo puts out now. The fact the Rev will play older games that can be pulled from online storage is sweet but sony said they are doing something like that as well. So lame. The only thing most people do one handed should be done any ways :lol:

sandmannight

If you pass up a console due to the first sight of a controller then your a tard to say the least, Nintendo have been THE innovator when it comes to what your hands touch, all pads today are direct descendents of the snes and n64 pads, you want to watch your mouth or you'll end up using crap sony 2nd hand copied ideas for the rest of your gaming life.
Don't knock it till you know it.! :evil: :D

I will say what I want and I dont want it because of the controller you freaking retard and I did so however inovative it may be I like a regular controller.

Killswitch69

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2006
If you pass up a console due to the first sight of a controller then your a tard to say the least, Nintendo have been THE innovator when it comes to what your hands touch, all pads today are direct descendents of the snes and n64 pads, you want to watch your mouth or you'll end up using crap sony 2nd hand copied ideas for the rest of your gaming life.
Don't knock it till you know it.! :evil: :D
Actually Nintendo wasn't the first with this idea
The Tilt Force 2 by Pelican for PS1 was actually the first one to use it. If you don't believe me here is the link to it.Here

turkishdrummer

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2006
if the consumer buys the revolution then the 3rd party developers will want to make games with the controller but if the revolution doesnt do as well as projected then theyll use the old controller. my prediction.

tribal

Distinguished
May 13, 2004
to come to an end there are only 2 things to say: 1. all of you who love the remote are right, because it will attrackt new programmers with its enormous potential! :D 2. all of you who hate the remote: get better information! you don't even know that the "revolution" will be named WII! :twisted:

SamuraiGoat

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2006
dam it's been called the "Wii" for about 6 months now. i've seen video of it being used... i like it.. and yes i have seen madden 07 played with the crazy cotroller, still unsure how....

but there is a second cotroller that us coming with the "Wii" thats normal. no link b/c i'm at work and meny gamein sites are unreachable here