Any way to retrieve contact list ?

My hotmail password has recently stopped working to let me run
Messenger, probably because I'd not used it for a long time. I've just
created a .Net passport, but on logging back in all my contacts are
gone.

Is there any way to get them back - are they stored on my computer
somewhere ?

--
Phil

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/UnderWhereUnderHere
Cheap Tight, stockings, Knee Highs, Socks, etc !
4 answers Last reply
More about retrieve contact list

    Did you back up your contacts in the past (Contacts, Save Contact List)

    If so, you can import it back... otherwise, I personally don't know of a
    way.

    --
    Gary Tsang
    Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User

    "Phil" <spam@recycle.bin> wrote in message
    > My hotmail password has recently stopped working to let me run
    > Messenger, probably because I'd not used it for a long time. I've just
    > created a .Net passport, but on logging back in all my contacts are
    > gone.
    >
    > Is there any way to get them back - are they stored on my computer
    > somewhere ?
    >

    > --
    > Phil
    >
    > http://stores.ebay.co.uk/UnderWhereUnderHere
    > Cheap Tight, stockings, Knee Highs, Socks, etc !

    > Did you back up your contacts in the past

    Not as such :)

    > If so, you can import it back...
    > otherwise, I personally don't know of a way.

    Bugger, I was hoping it was saved in the registry or something.

    I'm signing in with exactly the same e-mail address as before too.
    Ah well, live and learn, etc.

    --
    Phil W.

    http://stores.ebay.co.uk/UnderWhereUnderHere
    Cheap Tight, stockings, Knee Highs, Socks, etc !

    > > Did you back up your contacts in the past
    >
    > Not as such

    Sorted it, just remembered a different e-mail address I signed up with
    at one point and tried that, and it still works :)

    Cheers.

    --
    Phil

    http://stores.ebay.co.uk/UnderWhereUnderHere
    Cheap Tight, stockings, Knee Highs, Socks, etc !

    Make sure you back up your list this time <g>

    --

    >> > Did you back up your contacts in the past
    >>
    >> Not as such
    >
    > Sorted it, just remembered a different e-mail address I signed up with
    > at one point and tried that, and it still works :)
    >
    > Cheers.
    >

    > --
    > Phil
    >
    > http://stores.ebay.co.uk/UnderWhereUnderHere
    > Cheap Tight, stockings, Knee Highs, Socks, etc !

Messenger Microsoft Windows XP