Any way to retrieve contact list ?

July 16, 2005 10:16:57 PM

My hotmail password has recently stopped working to let me run
Messenger, probably because I'd not used it for a long time. I've just
created a .Net passport, but on logging back in all my contacts are
gone.

Is there any way to get them back - are they stored on my computer
somewhere ?

--
Phil

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/UnderWhereUnderHere
Cheap Tight, stockings, Knee Highs, Socks, etc !

More about : retrieve contact list

Anonymous
July 16, 2005 10:16:58 PM

Did you back up your contacts in the past (Contacts, Save Contact List)

If so, you can import it back... otherwise, I personally don't know of a
way.

--
Gary Tsang
Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User

"Phil" <spam@recycle.bin> wrote in message
> My hotmail password has recently stopped working to let me run
> Messenger, probably because I'd not used it for a long time. I've just
> created a .Net passport, but on logging back in all my contacts are
> gone.
>
> Is there any way to get them back - are they stored on my computer
> somewhere ?
>

> --
> Phil
>
> http://stores.ebay.co.uk/UnderWhereUnderHere
> Cheap Tight, stockings, Knee Highs, Socks, etc !
July 16, 2005 11:35:07 PM

> Did you back up your contacts in the past

Not as such :)

> If so, you can import it back...
> otherwise, I personally don't know of a way.

Bugger, I was hoping it was saved in the registry or something.

I'm signing in with exactly the same e-mail address as before too.
Ah well, live and learn, etc.

--
Phil W.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/UnderWhereUnderHere
Cheap Tight, stockings, Knee Highs, Socks, etc !
July 16, 2005 11:40:09 PM

> > Did you back up your contacts in the past
>
> Not as such

Sorted it, just remembered a different e-mail address I signed up with
at one point and tried that, and it still works :)

Cheers.

--
Phil

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/UnderWhereUnderHere
Cheap Tight, stockings, Knee Highs, Socks, etc !
Anonymous
July 17, 2005 8:27:39 AM

Make sure you back up your list this time <g>

--

!