10 SiS645 motherboards - comments?

pvsurfer

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2001
Comprehensive review, but I missed the Content Creation bench. SiS has truly emerged as a chipset forerunner (at least for the P4) and will only get better with the 645DX. IMHO anyone looking for a Northwood platform should strongly consider joining the SiSterhood.

<b>God bless the <font color=red>U</font color=red><font color=white>S</font color=white><font color=blue>A</font color=blue></b>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Yeh sure, great for people who don't overclock. If you push the bus speed to 133 and leave the memory ratio the same, the memory will run at over 450MHz, there is no DDR that can handle that. Backing off the memory ratio will push the thing down to i845 performance levels, which is why the i850 will remain king until someone comes up with a dual channel DDR solution.

What's the frequency, Kenneth?

lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
I just wish they had posted the settings they used on the soyo board .. I have this one and as stated the options are numerous and somewhat arcane I stopped messin with them a few weeks ago because it is soooo easy to change one thing and then have it fail to boot .. I got tired of clearing the cmos vias the jumpers all of the time

lagger

<b><font color=blue>Checking under my North<font color=red> AND</font color=red> South bridges for <font color=green>Trolls</font color=green></font color=blue>

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
As I said from the beginning, the MSI 645 Ultra is the best SiS 645 motherboard. I believe I've been saying that since my thoughts about purchasing a P4.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor