Help with putting together a computer for DAOC

Skip

Archived from groups: alt.games.dark-age-of-camelot (More info?)

Is there anyone that is experienced in building computers who might be able
to tell me if the following set up has any potential problems in being able
to run DAOC or other online type games.

I have high-speed internet access with roadrunner

The computer I am thinking about putting together is as follows:

Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe motherboard

AMD Socket 939 Athlon 64 4000+, 2.4 GHz, 1MB L2 Cache 64-bit

Two ATI Radeon X800 XL PCI Express cards

2 1 GB sticks of PC3200 DDR Ram (would more be helpful)

2 120 GB SATA 7200 rpm hard drives that will be set up to run programs
simultaneously

The rest of the computer will be pretty standard stuff DVD, CD R/W, etc.

Can anyone comment on their experience with any of the above or their
thoughts on this. Thanks in advance

skip

--
Skip Retzlaff
403 Rene Levy

Archived from groups: alt.games.dark-age-of-camelot (More info?)

Hi,

I am building a similar set-up. A couple of things. I'm not sure that
ATI video boards can work together on an SLI Motherboard. I have only
seen nVidias advertised. Other than that, just understand you are dealing
with overkill, so don't expect your machine to really rock out. You are
limited by the significant lack of server-side optimazation.

"Skip" <Skip10@satx.rr.com> wrote in message
> Is there anyone that is experienced in building computers who might be
able
> to tell me if the following set up has any potential problems in being
able
> to run DAOC or other online type games.

I have a 1.8 g processor, 1024 m of ram, and an NVIDIA 5800 vid card with
256 m ram and it runs 2 accounts of DAOC Catacombs with graphics set at max
just fine