Suikoden 1 and 2 Compliation coming to PSP

Last response: in Video Games
September 16, 2005 7:49:25 AM

Archived from groups: (More info?)

Source 1up.com
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3143798

Screens
http://www.jeux-france.com/news12392_suikoden-i-ii-sur-...

Ok, time to sell my Suikoden 2 copy.

Ebay, here i come.
from 1up.com

Suikoden 1&2 On PSP
Origins of popular RPG series make the handheld jump.
by Patrick Klepek, 09/16/2005

The financial drain of tracking down copies of Suikoden 1 and 2 for the
original PlayStation are out of bounds for most gamers, but Konami's
about to make those gaming experiences a heck of a lot easier with
Suikoden 1&2, ports of both games to PSP.
Not only that, but Konami's bundling the duo onto one UMD! There don't
appear to be any enhancements being made to the conversions, and given
the track record of most companies with their PSP ports, don't really
expect Konami to work overtime on this.

As you'd expect, there's no word on a US release, but given the current
drought of releases for the portable, we wouldn't be surprised to see
it come over sometime next year.
Anonymous
September 16, 2005 10:55:20 AM

wmerritt@bear.com wrote:
> Source 1up.com
> http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3143798
>
> Screens
> http://www.jeux-france.com/news12392_suikoden-i-ii-sur-...
>

> Ok, time to sell my Suikoden 2 copy.
>
> Ebay, here i come.
> from 1up.com
>

> Suikoden 1&2 On PSP
> Origins of popular RPG series make the handheld jump.
> by Patrick Klepek, 09/16/2005
>

> The financial drain of tracking down copies of Suikoden 1 and 2 for the
> original PlayStation are out of bounds for most gamers, but Konami's
> about to make those gaming experiences a heck of a lot easier with
> Suikoden 1&2, ports of both games to PSP.
> Not only that, but Konami's bundling the duo onto one UMD! There don't
> appear to be any enhancements being made to the conversions, and given
> the track record of most companies with their PSP ports, don't really
> expect Konami to work overtime on this.
>
> As you'd expect, there's no word on a US release, but given the current
> drought of releases for the portable, we wouldn't be surprised to see
> it come over sometime next year.

I would actually (gasp!) pay full price for this. As one of my friends
so succinctly put it, right now my PSP is a $250 Tetris player (all I
have is Lumines).
Anonymous
September 16, 2005 12:05:49 PM

wmerritt@bear.com wrote:
> Suikoden 1&2 On PSP

Great. The first *real* RPG for the PSP is a port of an old title.

Guess I can just keep holding my breath for something worth buying PSP
for.

Knight37
Related resources
January 12, 2007 9:53:56 PM

This news was a whole lot more exciting before we gained the ability to play both of these titles via the Sony PSX emulator.

The time for warmed over ports from the PSX to the PSP was before the emulator was functional - not after.
January 12, 2007 11:08:54 PM

This news was a whole lot more exciting when it was posted one and a half years ago :roll:
!