Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Messenger Compatability

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 2:35:05 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

Is it possible to interwork Windows Messenger and MSN messenger?? I
understanded Windows Messenger to be targeted to the Business market and MSN
Nessenger to consumer market.

A friend and I are trying to set up video communication. We have installed
MSN messenger 7 as well as updated Windows Messenger to 5.1. What we find
is Windows to Windows and MSN to Windows (and vice versa) are tempremental in
making both audio and/or video connections. Text communication is OK

MSN to MSN is not a problem so that's our connection of choice.

Just interested to know whether both types of Messenger can and should
interwork with each other. If so, what should we check.......

Regards
July 18, 2005 11:36:58 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

"" wrote:
> Is it possible to interwork Windows Messenger and MSN
> messenger?? I
> understanded Windows Messenger to be targeted to the Business
> market and MSN
> Nessenger to consumer market.
>
> A friend and I are trying to set up video communication. We
> have installed
> MSN messenger 7 as well as updated Windows Messenger to 5.1.
> What we find
> is Windows to Windows and MSN to Windows (and vice versa) are
> tempremental in
> making both audio and/or video connections. Text
> communication is OK
>
> MSN to MSN is not a problem so that's our connection of
> choice.
>
> Just interested to know whether both types of Messenger can
> and should
> interwork with each other. If so, what should we check.......
>
> Regards

You probably better off using netmeeting.

--
Posted using the http://www.windowsforumz.com interface, at author's request
Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet standards
Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Messenger-Compatability-ft...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1311540
Anonymous
July 19, 2005 2:40:15 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

Hallo Sparda,

Sparda <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> schrieb:


>> A friend and I are trying to set up video communication.
>> We have installed MSN messenger 7 as well as updated
>> Windows Messenger to 5.1.

> You probably better off using netmeeting.

With preference to sound and image, MSN 7 might be the best bet because
of its faster codecs and its full screen option in "video
conversation", along with its better mechanism to manage calls through
routers.

With preference to application sharing, Netmeeting is superior since it
does not restrict this feature to Windos XP (as the Messengers do) and
since it has an option for true color.

--
FAQ Messenger & Netmeeting: http://www.uni-essen.de/kitt/faq-nm.htm
Tschuess, regards, salut, Thomas Bliesener, MVP http://tinyurl.com/rqed
Related resources
Anonymous
July 19, 2005 2:40:16 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

Sparda/Thomas,

Thankyou both for your responses. I'm not familiar with Netmeeting but
noting your comments, Have downloaded (v3.01) and will test/review. Thanks
to you both.

"Thomas Bliesener [MVP]" wrote:

> Hallo Sparda,
>
> Sparda <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> schrieb:
>
>
> >> A friend and I are trying to set up video communication.
> >> We have installed MSN messenger 7 as well as updated
> >> Windows Messenger to 5.1.
>
> > You probably better off using netmeeting.
>
> With preference to sound and image, MSN 7 might be the best bet because
> of its faster codecs and its full screen option in "video
> conversation", along with its better mechanism to manage calls through
> routers.
>
> With preference to application sharing, Netmeeting is superior since it
> does not restrict this feature to Windos XP (as the Messengers do) and
> since it has an option for true color.
>
> --
> FAQ Messenger & Netmeeting: http://www.uni-essen.de/kitt/faq-nm.htm
> Tschuess, regards, salut, Thomas Bliesener, MVP http://tinyurl.com/rqed
>
>
Anonymous
July 20, 2005 5:07:31 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

Hallo barrowhill,

barrowhill <barrowhill@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb:

> I'm not familiar with Netmeeting, but noting your comments,
> Have downloaded (v3.01) and will test/review.

Be aware that the downloadable version of Netmeeting does NOT run on
Windows 2000 or XP. You got, however, Netmeeting together with your
standard installation of Win 2k/XP, only the icon is missing in the
beginning. First run is done by

START - RUN - conf - OK

--
FAQ Messenger & Netmeeting: http://www.uni-essen.de/kitt/faq-nm.htm
Tschuess, regards, salut, Thomas Bliesener, MVP http://tinyurl.com/rqed
!