Syberia 2 problem in Bink (bik) videos with Matrox G400

Archived from groups: (More info?)

In the past I have played with Syberia adventure. All good. Now, with
the same hardware (Pentium II, 512 MB Ram, Matrox G400 16 MB) I'm
trying to play with Syberia 2. All good, except the movies (in bink
format) that I can hear but not see, if not at times and in hopping
way. Instead, using the "RAD Video Tools" I can see the .bik files in a
"stand-alone" manner (accessing directly the Syberia's CD rom files).
Some tips/hint ?

ceebee

carlornd@libero.it wrote in comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure:

> In the past I have played with Syberia adventure. All good. Now, with
> the same hardware (Pentium II, 512 MB Ram, Matrox G400 16 MB) I'm
> trying to play with Syberia 2. All good, except the movies (in bink
> format) that I can hear but not see, if not at times and in hopping
> way. Instead, using the "RAD Video Tools" I can see the .bik files in a
> "stand-alone" manner (accessing directly the Syberia's CD rom files).
> Some tips/hint ?

These specs are the bare minimum. No wonder it might give you problems. Is
the latests DirectX installed? Latest quicktime? Tampered with hardware
acceleration?

Have you looked here?

http://www.radgametools.com/binkfaq.htm

--
CeeBee

***The cookie has spoken***

Archived from groups: (More info?)

Yes, I have the lates directx (9.0c). With the RAD video tools player
everythings are ok. I suppose that the problem is related to the
version of the binkw32.dll (in the last RAD tool player this dll is not
included..., so I only have the version embedded in the game CD).