The Asus Nforce 415-D MB is awesome!

G

The Asus Nforce 415-D Motherboard is the most stable and best motherboard I have ever used!! not to mention its very fast!! I highly recommend!!

bluzbrother

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2001
I recently got the MSI board with this chipset, I couldn't agree more. It's a great chipset. To get a board for $100 with so many features is an absolute steal. It's faster than my KT266A board using the same components and I would guess it's as fast or faster than the KT333 boards out there... really that's more reliant on the CPU, Video card and memory. The nforce is a very solid chip, I wouldn't hesitate getting another one. The 420 with integrated video has got to be the best board for building a quality system on a budget... it's hard to justify spending $200-$300 on a video card for someone who wont even use it. Both chipsets are excellent.

AOL-For people who like to pay extra for their SPAM

Oni

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I think nvidia has done a very nice job with their first chipset. Granted there are a few bugs, but they are easy to over look. I personally am holding out for a newer revision of nForce to support faster DDR ram for more bandwidth. Also a board with more features in the bios would be nice, but for a board with everything onboard its not really targeted to the enthusiast.....yet.

If my response is brief and vague its because the info you provided is too!

FatBurger

Illustrious
This board is a great offering for nVidia's first chipset. Things like slightly higher RAM latency than the KT266a show that it's not a mature chipset by any means, but it shows that nVidia has a lot of potential in the chipset market.

Now if only they'd released it in June and with good performing video like they'd originally promised...

<font color=blue>If you don't buy Windows, then the terrorists have already won!</font color=blue> - Microsoft

Quetzacoatl

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2002
Wouldn't it be great if Nvidia made an Nforce with an integrated Geforce4 ti4200? That would be pretty cool :) Too bad the dual channel DDR is going to waste with AMD :(

"When there's a will, there's a way."

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
nVidia should make a board with a replacable chipset via ZIF socket, and offer "chipset upgrades" with different integrated video. Then flex-ATX would be an upgradable option and perfectly transportable for LAN parties.

What's the frequency, Kenneth?

TRENDING THREADS