Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Hotmail Hijack?

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
July 23, 2005 8:43:01 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

hi guys

this morning i tried connecting to my main hotmail account. i typed in the
username/password as normal, it went throught the process of loading page
(usual text in address bar and padlock on status bar), then displays 'cannot
load page' after about 30 seconds. i have 2 other hotmail accounts and they
both work fine... i have made no changes to software/hardware and have run
full virus/hijack/spyware progs, all clear. all other internet pages load ok
also. im obviously concerned if my main hotmail account has been hijacked or
something like that ;(

any advice welcomed.

More about : hotmail hijack

July 23, 2005 1:02:11 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

In news:E8EF51FD-E9D9-4C6C-9BD0-95B77A7AB0D2@microsoft.com,
gandalftheking <gandalftheking@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

My reply is at the bottom of your sent message:

> hi guys
>
> this morning i tried connecting to my main hotmail account. i typed
> in the username/password as normal, it went throught the process of
> loading page (usual text in address bar and padlock on status bar),
> then displays 'cannot load page' after about 30 seconds. i have 2
> other hotmail accounts and they both work fine... i have made no
> changes to software/hardware and have run full virus/hijack/spyware
> progs, all clear. all other internet pages load ok also. im obviously
> concerned if my main hotmail account has been hijacked or something
> like that ;(
>
> any advice welcomed.

Bah, silly idea I suppose but try deleting your cookies and temp internet
files?

Galen
--

"But there are always some lunatics about. It would be a dull world
without them."

Sherlock Holmes
Anonymous
July 23, 2005 1:02:12 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

"Galen" wrote:
>
> Bah, silly idea I suppose but try deleting your cookies and temp internet
> files?
>
> Galen
> --
>
> "But there are always some lunatics about. It would be a dull world
> without them."
>
> Sherlock Holmes

-----------------------------------

thanks galen. yeah, tried all of that stuff. the thing that bothers me most,
is that other hotmail accounts are accessible from the same pc, but not
mine....
>
>
>
Related resources
Anonymous
July 23, 2005 2:04:42 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

Greetings,

Some people were complaining about some Hotmail outages yesterday, they may still be ongoing.
____________________________________________
Jonathan Kay
Microsoft MVP - Windows Messenger/MSN Messenger
Associate Expert
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/
Messenger Resources - http://messenger.jonathankay.com
All posts unless otherwise specified are (c) 2005 Jonathan Kay.
You *must* contact me for redistribution rights.

"gandalftheking" <gandalftheking@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:33B8F9FC-BB1F-45FC-98D9-C725A424F419@microsoft.com...
>
>
> "Galen" wrote:
>>
>> Bah, silly idea I suppose but try deleting your cookies and temp internet
>> files?
>>
>> Galen
>> --
>>
>> "But there are always some lunatics about. It would be a dull world
>> without them."
>>
>> Sherlock Holmes
>
> -----------------------------------
>
> thanks galen. yeah, tried all of that stuff. the thing that bothers me most,
> is that other hotmail accounts are accessible from the same pc, but not
> mine....
>>
>>
>>
Anonymous
July 24, 2005 3:35:03 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

thanks jonathan

tried again today, and its still not working. thats 24hrs now. i reported it
yesterday to hotmail via my other hotmail account, which again, is still
working fine. suppose i'll just have to wait and see.
Anonymous
July 25, 2005 1:37:03 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

I am having the same problem since yesterday... does anyone have any idea on
when it will be resolved or how to resolve it.

Thanks


"Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> Some people were complaining about some Hotmail outages yesterday, they may still be ongoing.
> ____________________________________________
> Jonathan Kay
> Microsoft MVP - Windows Messenger/MSN Messenger
> Associate Expert
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/
> Messenger Resources - http://messenger.jonathankay.com
> All posts unless otherwise specified are (c) 2005 Jonathan Kay.
> You *must* contact me for redistribution rights.
>
> "gandalftheking" <gandalftheking@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:33B8F9FC-BB1F-45FC-98D9-C725A424F419@microsoft.com...
> >
> >
> > "Galen" wrote:
> >>
> >> Bah, silly idea I suppose but try deleting your cookies and temp internet
> >> files?
> >>
> >> Galen
> >> --
> >>
> >> "But there are always some lunatics about. It would be a dull world
> >> without them."
> >>
> >> Sherlock Holmes
> >
> > -----------------------------------
> >
> > thanks galen. yeah, tried all of that stuff. the thing that bothers me most,
> > is that other hotmail accounts are accessible from the same pc, but not
> > mine....
> >>
> >>
> >>
>
>
>
July 25, 2005 4:25:13 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

In news:4356EF50-B209-4FF2-924A-BAAF63FB1D06@microsoft.com,
gandalftheking <gandalftheking@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

My reply is at the bottom of your sent message:

> thanks jonathan
>
> tried again today, and its still not working. thats 24hrs now. i
> reported it yesterday to hotmail via my other hotmail account, which
> again, is still working fine. suppose i'll just have to wait and see.

It's longer than 24 hours according to some people. I'm not sure but from
the looks of the groups people started complaining about burps with Hotmail
on the 21st including the browser crashing when you try to sign out if
you're lucky enough to get in at all. One of the things you can try is
PopPeeper www.poppeeper.com - I've tossed down some of the symptoms I've
seen in the groups (they seem related and showed up at the same time so I'm
inclined to think they are) at the forum:

Hotmail is broken...:
http://kgiii.info/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=27

(So it's not really news but I couldn't think of a better spot to put it at
this point. Hotmail going down doesn't warrant news really. <g> Still, it's
free and I've been using them for years. Even a paid account complaint - one
for MSDN subscription and another an MSN subscriber...)

Galen
--

"But there are always some lunatics about. It would be a dull world
without them."

Sherlock Holmes
!