Which version is best..?

Leo

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2001

Hi
I use Win XP Home and have installed Messenger 7.0.

I installed this versin due to it's offering of more and frendlier functions.

I understand that Win XP comes with Messenger 4.7.

Is it better for the OS to use Messenger 4.7 or ver 7.0..?

Thanks

Leo

Leo wrote:
> Hi
> I use Win XP Home and have installed Messenger 7.0.
>
> I installed this versin due to it's offering of more and frendlier functions.
>
> I understand that Win XP comes with Messenger 4.7.
>
> Is it better for the OS to use Messenger 4.7 or ver 7.0..?
>
> Thanks
>
> Leo

Two different applications. The 7.0 one is MSN Messenger, while the 4.7
one is Windows Messenger. I gather the Windows one can be used with a
server on a LAN (probably requires XP Pro or Windows 2xxx on the server
computer). Where linking through MSN's server is desireable you probably
should go for the MSN Messenger. Unfortunately uninstalling Windows
Messenger also uninstalls some libraries use by other Windows
communications applications.

Sparda

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2005

"" wrote:
> Leo wrote:
> > Hi
> > I use Win XP Home and have installed Messenger 7.0.
> >
> > I installed this versin due to it's offering of more and
> frendlier functions.
> >
> > I understand that Win XP comes with Messenger 4.7.
> >
> > Is it better for the OS to use Messenger 4.7 or ver 7.0..?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Leo
>
> Two different applications. The 7.0 one is MSN Messenger,
> while the 4.7
> one is Windows Messenger. I gather the Windows one can be used
> with a
> server on a LAN (probably requires XP Pro or Windows 2xxx on
> the server
> computer). Where linking through MSN's server is desireable
> you probably
> should go for the MSN Messenger. Unfortunately uninstalling
> Windows
> Messenger also uninstalls some libraries use by other Windows
> communications applications.

I’d say neither, use GAIM insted, it’s ad free plus supports 9
other chat networks besides MSN.

GAIM: http://gaim.sourceforge.net/

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Messenger-version-ftopict399672.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1321040