Fable: help, too dark!

Archived from groups: (More info?)

Well, during the daylight sequences this game is beautiful...
But I can't see a thing at night, or in caves, except when there is fire
nearby. Sure, this may be "atmostpheric", but IMHO, it's really annoying.
I try to select & use the lamp in my inventory, but it's no help.

I have the gamma & brightess all the way up in my video options, and in
the Display settings on my desktop.

Is there a quick way I'm missing to advance time?
Even better, anyone know of an "always daylight" cheat?

Erik Seligman, eseligma@aracnet.com / eseligma@ichips.intel.com
Speaking for myself, not Intel or Aracnet.

Erik Seligman wrote:
> Well, during the daylight sequences this game is beautiful...
> But I can't see a thing at night, or in caves, except when there is
> fire nearby. Sure, this may be "atmostpheric", but IMHO, it's really
> annoying. I try to select & use the lamp in my inventory, but it's no
> help.
>
> I have the gamma & brightess all the way up in my video options, and
> in the Display settings on my desktop.
>
> Is there a quick way I'm missing to advance time?
> Even better, anyone know of an "always daylight" cheat?

Well, it's sort of obvious, but have you tweaked the brightness controls on
your monitor directly?

--
chainbreaker

Blue

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2003
Archived from groups: (More info?)

"chainbreaker" <noone@nowhere.com> ׫Œ‘ì¶à]¼þЄ:5tKdnQFwZ9q04KveRVn-oQ@comcast.com...
> Erik Seligman wrote:
>> Well, during the daylight sequences this game is beautiful...
>> But I can't see a thing at night, or in caves, except when there is
>> fire nearby. Sure, this may be "atmostpheric", but IMHO, it's really
>> annoying. I try to select & use the lamp in my inventory, but it's no
>> help.
>>
>> I have the gamma & brightess all the way up in my video options, and
>> in the Display settings on my desktop.
>>
>> Is there a quick way I'm missing to advance time?
>> Even better, anyone know of an "always daylight" cheat?
>
> Well, it's sort of obvious, but have you tweaked the brightness controls
> on your monitor directly?

or alternatively, without spoiling the game machanic(turning gamma up will
sort of spoil the "atmospheric" of the game), assign the candle to one of
your hot-keyes. You recieve a candle (or lamp) when you reach adulthood (and
is a key to open one of the demon gates). It's in the
Invetory->Items->Other.

> --
> chainbreaker

Nytro

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2006
is someone needs an answer to that type of problems, try to write at the end your sys configuration... i have no problems with fable, it runs perfect...but... there can be problems with drivers 4 video cards, or dx or even a fuckin' problem with sound, and ur game will not start....be more explicit

JD777

Honorable
Sorry for necroing this but I just picked this game up from steam and I had to share this.

I know for me and a few others this game was unplayable because of how dark it was.During the daytime everything was alright until night fell.If you where like me and tried the following with no-luck than this fix is for you:

1.Adjusting the monitors settings
2.Adjusting the settings at the driver level
3.Maximizing the brightness in-game did nothing
4.Updated drivers
5.Verified Cache

I take no credit for this program I just found it awhile back for another game and than tried it in this one.Also read the page cause he discusses using this online for anti cheats and how this can be detected as a cheat.I only tested this in 2 games one of them being Fable TLC and it works like a charm.

I'm using Windows 7 so some of these instructions might vary on a different OS.

1.Download it from here http://sourceforge.net/projects/colorclutch/

2.Open 'cclutch_v0.3.zip' and extract the folder 'cclutch' to 'C:\Program Files\'.(NOTE: C:\ can be whatever drive you have)

3.Right click on desktop and select 'New' than click on 'Shortcut'

4.Copy and paste this line into the box where they ask where the location of the item is.INCLUDE the Quotes

Code:
"C:\Program Files\CClutch\inject.exe" "C:\Program Files\CClutch\cclutch_ix.dll" patch "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\fable the lost chapters\Fable.exe"

5.At this point before continuing make sure that line matches up to where you have steam installed because it might be different from mine.You can check this by right clicking on the steam shortcut on you're desktop or where ever and clicking 'properties'.

6.Now on the next screen type something like this for the name of you're shortcut 'FableTLC Launcher'

Now every time you want to play this and have the brightness fixed you will have to launch the game using that shortcut.

I hope this works for you like it has worked for me good luck.