Awesome Firmware: Linksus WRT54G & GS !!!

Many new functions including bridging, repeating etc.

http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.cfm?catid=40&threadid=1343138
&enterthread=y

http://docs.sveasoft.com/

http://www.sveasoft.com/modules/phpBB2/dlman.php?
func=select_folder&folder_id=10

http://www.linksysinfo.org/
2 answers Last reply
More about awesome firmware linksus wrt54g

    I've been using the Sveasoft firmware for some time now. I've got two
    wrt54g's running over nearly 2k's, and it's great!

    I'm just waiting for WPA to work with client mode or WDS. I believe that's
    now supported in the Alchemy release, but I'm still running Samadh (3.9).
    Problem is I don't want to break the link. Maybe I should get another
    couple to play around with. You can get the 54G for $149 at Yadnum.

    Cheers.
    Mike

    ".mike..." <remove_perrm_me@hotmail.leaveout.com> wrote in message
    > I've been using the Sveasoft firmware for some time now. I've got two
    > wrt54g's running over nearly 2k's, and it's great!
    >
    > I'm just waiting for WPA to work with client mode or WDS. I believe
    that's
    > now supported in the Alchemy release, but I'm still running Samadh (3.9).
    > Problem is I don't want to break the link. Maybe I should get another
    > couple to play around with. You can get the 54G for $149 at Yadnum.
    >
    > Cheers.
    > Mike
    >

    > "John S" <none@none.none> wrote in message
    > > Many new functions including bridging, repeating etc.
    > >
    > > http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.cfm?catid=40&threadid=1343138
    > > &enterthread=y
    > >
    > > http://docs.sveasoft.com/
    > >
    > > http://www.sveasoft.com/modules/phpBB2/dlman.php?
    > > func=select_folder&folder_id=10
    > >
    > > http://www.linksysinfo.org/

    Anyone have an opinion on how risky this new firmware is to use? How many
    people are now successfully using it?

    What is the experience in uping the power setting above the default of 28?

    --
    Bob Alston

    ---

Wireless Firmware Internet Wireless Networking