Mouse Problems

Thayne

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
Hi guys, hopefully someone can help/advise me on this; I have spent many hours searching the web with little or no real clarity. Ok my mouse doesn’t work in Windows 7 anymore, it did but doesn’t anymore. I have tried others but the system doesn’t recognise any.

I had the same problem with the keyboard but managed to resolve that one, more by luck than intellectual know how. As you can manage it’s extremely challenging to navigate around a computer without a mouse, not impossible, but very challenging.

The system recognises the USB slots and I have checked the batteries in the mouse but beginning to believe that a Mac might be easier.

Please someone out there must have experienced a similar problem.

Thayne

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010

Hi, I was using a wireless Logitech and then purchased a new kensington with the latest drivers and still no go.

Thayne

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
Hi guys, thanks for the various replies. I have tried every USB port, I have tried a USB mouse so can't be an issue with IR and I have tried to re-boot the system with no joy. This appear to happen following a windows 7 update and as we all know W7 occasionally wipes old restore points, yet another glitch.

senkasaw

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2010
Hey,

So, I had this very same problem with a logitech wireless mouse...not fun. After my mouse stopped working it fried EVERY usb mouse I attached to it until I resolved the problem. Try this: Get a non usb mouse (ps/2...hopefully your mobo has this connection:) ), use that until problem is fixed. Now, all you need to do is uninstall ALL of your usb drivers, make sure no usb mouse is hooked up, then reboot...problem is you may need a fresh usb mouse (all of mine were fried.) So, not sure if this will fix your problem, but it solved mine, and mine started with a logitech wireless mouse. I know a pain, but may be worth a shot.

Hope this helps.

(sadly I think this problem may come from logitech's drivers...but I called them and got new mice to replace all the ones that got fried during this fiasco:))