gertude.sinibaldi@livepharm.com

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:39a2c$42e4a58d$d99c5301$8690@allthenewsgroups.com,
gertude sinibaldi <gertude.sinibaldi@booomail.com> had this to say:

> What do you think is the best IM?
>
> gertude.sinibaldi@livepharm.com

Depends on what you're trying to do? Yahoo! Instant Messenger is handy and
has an invisibility feature that I like. Windows Messenger goes with a
whiteboard and is on every Windows based OS out there today except maybe 95
or earlier.

Galen

without them."

Sherlock Holmes

Sparda

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2005

"" wrote:
> What do you think is the best IM?
>
> gertude.sinibaldi@livepharm.com

Id say GAIM. becasue GAIM can use both the MSN Network, Yahoo network
and lots of others.

GAIM: http://gaim.sourceforge.net/

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Messenger-Windows-Yahoo-ftopict400131.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1322549

Trillian is the best IM application, IMHO.
I really like MSN Messenger as a service because I can have
myname@company.com (well, until they implement the federated PIC with LCS
2005)

--
Bob Christian II
http://bobchristian.blogspot.com - Blog

"gertude sinibaldi" <gertude.sinibaldi@booomail.com> wrote in message
> What do you think is the best IM?
>
> gertude.sinibaldi@livepharm.com

Greetings,

I don't think that's a really fair comparison because Windows Messenger is actually pretty
bleak feature-wise compared to Yahoo.

MSN Messenger vs Yahoo Messenger would be far fairer.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"gertude sinibaldi" <gertude.sinibaldi@booomail.com> wrote in message
> What do you think is the best IM?
>
> gertude.sinibaldi@livepharm.com

Chuck

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2001

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 05:21:05 -0400, "Galen" <galennews@gmail.com> wrote:

>In news:39a2c$42e4a58d$d99c5301$8690@allthenewsgroups.com,
>gertude sinibaldi <gertude.sinibaldi@booomail.com> had this to say:

>> What do you think is the best IM?
>>
>> gertude.sinibaldi@livepharm.com
>
>Depends on what you're trying to do? Yahoo! Instant Messenger is handy and
>has an invisibility feature that I like. Windows Messenger goes with a
>whiteboard and is on every Windows based OS out there today except maybe 95
>or earlier.
>
>Galen

Yahoo Messenger has a recall key, MSN / Windows Messenger doesn't.
MSN / Windows Messenger has better audio quality. Yahoo Messenger gives a video
picture.
MSN and Yahoo Messenger let you Buzz (MSN Messenger calls it Nudge) your
friends. Windows Messenger doesn't.
MSN Messenger lets you change the conversation window backgrounds.
Yahoo Messenger has IMVironments.
Some friends like MSN Messenger, others will only use Yahoo Messenger.

They're both free. Use both.

--
Cheers,
Chuck, MS-MVP [Windows - Networking]

Hi Gertrude,

I personally prefer Yahoo Messenger....it's way more fun...they have many
Imvironments one of which is Nature one called Snowflakes. You can have
snowball fights onscreen...it's kewl....MSN Messenger...I have that one
also...but not near as much fun. They also have what are called
Audibles....also alot of fun.

"gertude sinibaldi" wrote:

> What do you think is the best IM?
>
> gertude.sinibaldi@livepharm.com

Hello,I Use Yahoo Mail But several Years ago I Removed Yahoo Messenger
becuse It slowed up my computer too much, has anyone compared yahoo
messenger 7 to MSN Messenger and if so Do you have a comparison and how much
ram does each of the two programs use, which is better

In news:%23kT12XXtFHA.3908@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
Brett Moar <moarcr@unknown.com> had this to say:

> Hello,I Use Yahoo Mail But several Years ago I Removed Yahoo Messenger
> becuse It slowed up my computer too much, has anyone compared yahoo
> messenger 7 to MSN Messenger and if so Do you have a comparison and
> how much ram does each of the two programs use, which is better
>

> "gertude sinibaldi" <gertude.sinibaldi@booomail.com> wrote in message
>> What do you think is the best IM?
>>
>> gertude.sinibaldi@livepharm.com

Yahoo! Instant Messenger is using about 20 MB of RAM on this PC right here.
I haven't installed the latest version of MSN but someone else might be able
to tell you that and then you'll see which is lighter on resources.

Galen

Sherlock Holmes