Which mobo for a P4 1.6A ?

endless_n00b

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2001
Looking for fast, stable & overclockable. Rambus PC800 mem too probably (its not as expensive as everyone has led me to believe!!). I don't think I need RAID (just 1 HD).

I was thinking of the Abit TH7II, but I am not sure why I just kind of gravitated to it for some reason.

----
A newbie is only a newbie for as long as you allow him to be.
-Anonymous Veteran

FatBurger

Illustrious
Because it rocks, perhaps? :wink:

I love my TH7II-RAID, I've got my 1.6A @ 2.5GHz with memory at 3/4 speed (showing 3.25GB/s of bandwidth in Sandra). I'd highly recommend the combination to anyone who's going to be overclocking.

Get low-density Samsung RDRAM, 8 device for 128MB sticks and 16 device for 256MB sticks.

<font color=blue>If you don't buy Windows, then the terrorists have already won!</font color=blue> - Microsoft

endless_n00b

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2001
Because it rocks, perhaps? :wink:
I actually don't know much about it, thats what I meant by I was gravitating to it but not sure why. I just had a feeling. Could it be that endless_n00b is developing instincts?! :eek: believe me no one is more shocked than I!

Whats does 8 device and 16 device mean?

----
A newbie is only a newbie for as long as you allow him to be.
-Anonymous Veteran

FatBurger

Illustrious
The # of devices are the # of chips that it has. More devices mean that they're lower-density and therefore generate less heat.

<font color=blue>If you don't buy Windows, then the terrorists have already won!</font color=blue> - Microsoft

TRENDING THREADS