Iwill XP333 issues(Help me)

Afrogeek39

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2002
Sombody hello me out! I just replaced my PC2100 dimms with PC2700(samsung). After installing the new dimms(2). The motherboard bios would not boot. SO I reset the Bios. I thought the motherboard was suppose to autodetect the XP1800 cpu. However it read it like an Athlon 1150mhz. Ok..so what, so I go into IWILL's Bios microstepping field and I set the Iwillprest to 133/166. I rebooted and the bios read the chip properly and the DDR as DDR 332(close enough). However my system was unstable and it would commence a memory dump. I need to isolate this problem. What do you guys think? By the way, I'm getting random squair black dots in my Bios windows and I'm getting vertical lines (about 1/4" apart) in my windows 2000 sr2. I have a few days more to return the motherboard...If it's that.

Here are my 2 questions.

1. What is the problem?
2. What should I do ?
3. Is there a better motherboard out now?

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
It's not the motherboard, it's the RAM. You're PC2700 can't handle that setting. Make sure it at least works at 133MHz Bus/133MHz RAM. If it does then just stay there. Running your RAM asyncronously will actually slow down your computer on the Iwill XP333.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

cellbiogeek

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
What bios, board version, and video card do you have? Some of the bios are less stable with 2 dimms unless you use the WPCRset tweak. As for the wierd stuff on your screen, do you have a Radeon 8500. There's a patch which clears up some of the issues with this card. Go to the amdmb site in the IWILL mobo forum for the most knowledge on the XP333.

http://www.amdmb.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=19

SmooveJD

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2002
I believe my Bios version is 2.1. I have the march 14th update. Board version? Not sure. Video card...Here we go...ATI RAedon 7200 with VIVO. I know it aint the best card. But that's what I got.

After reading some data on overclocking, I knwo I don't want to spend hours on end getting this thing to work right. However if someone could be patient enough to give me some aggresive yet safe settings for this Iwill MOther board. It woudl be greatly appreciated...But, at this point I woudl just like to get this machine up and running so I can burn some CDs for tonight's gig. What is bothering me the most about this whole thing is that Iwill brags about this board having the capability to auto read the CPU and making the proper optimum settings. If that was the case, My XP1800+ would not read like is an 1150mhx athlon...Hell, I got my 1Ghz thunderbird to do that. I have beena n A+ computer tech for over 5 years. But I only dabbled in this overclocking thing. Now I'm looking real stupid because I cannot even get this board to run stable with PC2700 in it. I had better luck with the PC2100 I had.

cellbiogeek

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Yep, the XP333 is VERY particular about which PC2700 it likes. Also, some of the bioses for this board tend to reset to failsafe values, esp. when you try to OC. Again, check the IWILL mobo forum at amdmb.com for people who've had lots of experience with OCing the XP333 and with the different bioses for this board. If you just want to run stably for now and work on it later, just put the PC2100 back in and set the fsb to 133. Also, download the AGP patch from IWILL's site to take care of the weird stuff you're seeing on your screen.