Messenger Plugins and APIs

I would like to develop some plugins and APIs for messenger, but I
cannot find any documentation or information about that. Can you please
help me find such information? Where can I start? Can I use VS.NET for
developing? (I intend to use c#). Any information you provide is great.

Thanks.

-Wahab

Start here
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/WinMessenger/winmessenger/messenger_entry.asp

Also try googling on Messenger API
http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&q=msdn+messenger+API&meta=

Regards
Mark Dormer

"wahab mirjan" <wahab.membership@rogers.com> wrote in message
>I would like to develop some plugins and APIs for messenger, but I
> cannot find any documentation or information about that. Can you please
> help me find such information? Where can I start? Can I use VS.NET for
> developing? (I intend to use c#). Any information you provide is great.
>
> Thanks.
>
> -Wahab

Well, the microsoft link is for messenger 4.6 and 4.7 only. Obviously
it is a bit outdated. Does that mean they are not exposing messenger
APIs anymore? Also are Windows Messenger and MSN Messenger different?

Thanks.

-Wahab

Mark Dormer wrote:
> Start here
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/WinMessenger/winmessenger/messenger_entry.asp
>
> Also try googling on Messenger API
> http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&q=msdn+messenger+API&meta=
>
> Regards
> Mark Dormer
>
> "wahab mirjan" <wahab.membership@rogers.com> wrote in message
> >I would like to develop some plugins and APIs for messenger, but I
> > cannot find any documentation or information about that. Can you please
> > help me find such information? Where can I start? Can I use VS.NET for
> > developing? (I intend to use c#). Any information you provide is great.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > -Wahab

Hi,

The MSN Messenger API is not documented, although a lot of it is the same...

They've not updated any of the documentation since 4.x.
Jonathan Kay
Microsoft MVP - MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger
Associate Expert