Event ID: 4
Date: 22-Jun-05
Time: 15:10:55
User: N/A
Computer: KULXB2GDNF1S
The description for Event ID ( 4 ) in Source ( (MSN/Windows) Messenger
Service ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary
registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote
computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this
description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is
part of the event: .
1 answer Last reply
More about nothing happen lauch messenger

    Greetings Jacko,

    Download and run both of these .reg files:
    http://messenger.jonathankay.com/downloads/enablewindowsmessenger_user.reg
    http://messenger.jonathankay.com/downloads/enablemessenger.reg

    You'll need to reboot to see the change.
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "jacko" <jacko@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > nothing happen when i launch the messenger and got this in my event viewer...
    > anyone can help? thanks!!
    >
    > Event Type: Information
    > Event Source: (MSN/Windows) Messenger Service
    > Event Category: None
    > Event ID: 4
    > Date: 22-Jun-05
    > Time: 15:10:55
    > User: N/A
    > Computer: KULXB2GDNF1S
    > The description for Event ID ( 4 ) in Source ( (MSN/Windows) Messenger
    > Service ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary
    > registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote
    > computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this
    > description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is
    > part of the event: .

Computers Messenger Event Id Windows XP