upgrade XP home to XP pro help

drsangha

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2001
I have a computer with Win XP Home pre-installed and I have a laptop with WinXP Pro pre-installed (I have both disks also). I wanted to install some components of the .NET framework on my desktop that require Win XP Pro (ASP.NET specifically) Is there a way I can use the Win XP pro disk I have from my laptop to install the necessary components on my desktop. The .NET software says I need to go to add/remove programs > windows compnents > then add IIS (internet information service) and frontpage extensions. However when I do this on the desktop I don't see those as options to be added (presumabaly because they are only included with Win XP Pro). Is there any way around this manually. I just want to install those 2 components, I don't want to clean install, or even upgrade as this XP pro disk is old and I already have a ton of upgrades on my desktop such as service pack 1, etc. I put in the XP Pro disk and it gave me the option to upgrade but then is asks for the key which I've already used on the laptop. Any suggestions? Thanks

Butch2112

Distinguished
May 21, 2001
I think the software license allow installation on a laptop and a desktop as long as they are not used at the same time

If you see a turtle on top of a fence post,
It's a good bet somebody, put him up there.

TRENDING THREADS