Don

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2001

Please Help!!!
I am runnung Windows XP Pro SP2 and have configured dial up my internet
connection to work automatically, but the only way i could get this to work
was to configure MSN to start when windows XP Pro starts. The problem now is
the internet connect works but MSN is trying to start before the internet
connection is made and by the time it is MSN shows itself not conected.

Is there anyway you can delay MSN starting until the internect connection is
made.

Don

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2001

Don again sorry I should have added it is MSN V7

"Don" wrote:

> Please Help!!!
> I am runnung Windows XP Pro SP2 and have configured dial up my internet
> connection to work automatically, but the only way i could get this to work
> was to configure MSN to start when windows XP Pro starts. The problem now is
> the internet connect works but MSN is trying to start before the internet
> connection is made and by the time it is MSN shows itself not conected.
>
> Is there anyway you can delay MSN starting until the internect connection is
> made.

Don

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2001

It is MSN V7 for information.

"Don" wrote:

> Please Help!!!
> I am runnung Windows XP Pro SP2 and have configured dial up my internet
> connection to work automatically, but the only way i could get this to work
> was to configure MSN to start when windows XP Pro starts. The problem now is
> the internet connect works but MSN is trying to start before the internet
> connection is made and by the time it is MSN shows itself not conected.
>
> Is there anyway you can delay MSN starting until the internect connection is
> made.

Hi Don,

I had exactly the same propblem as you have.
I found and downloaded the following application which works a treat in
solving the problem at hand and many others too:
Startup Delayer v2.1.10
http://www.r2.com.au/software.php?page=2&show=startdelay

Jono.

--
jono23872

By the way - you don't need to use MSN to activate your internet
connection automatically. Just configure the dial-up entry to not
prompt for login and password (in connection settings) and then make a
shortcut in windows startup.

--
jono23872