delete old cell fone number? (MSN Msngr)

when my friend right clicks my screen name to send a msg to my cell fone, it
goes to a cell fone # i had like five years ago. i've changed it in my
profile and such - to no avail.

can anyone point me to all the possible places MSN Msngr would be retrieving
this cell fone # from?

thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about delete cell fone number msngr

    Greetings,

    These messages would be going to whatever you set up at http://mobile.msn.com under your
    Passport.
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    > Greetings,
    >
    > These messages would be going to whatever you set up at
    > http://mobile.msn.com under your Passport.
    > Jonathan Kay

    yes, one would assume that. but passport didn't exist when i had that
    mobile number. <g>

    I have the same problem right now. I've closed my Hotmail account, tried to
    completely get rid of that Passport, but my contact still shows up in
    people's 'Mobile' section of their Messenger window. They can even re-add my
    contact either by email address or device number.

    I've asked Microsoft for help, and they have stopped responding. I showed
    them steps to duplicate the issue, but perhaps something has gone horribly
    wrong with the MSN customer support.

    As a current workaround, everyone that has you on their list has to manually
    delete the contact.

    "cajun-gwailo" wrote:

    > "Jonathan Kay [MVP]" <msnewsreplies@jonathankay.com> wrote in message
    > > Greetings,
    > >
    > > These messages would be going to whatever you set up at
    > > http://mobile.msn.com under your Passport.
    > > Jonathan Kay
    > > Microsoft MVP - Windows Messenger/MSN Messenger
    > >
    > yes, one would assume that. but passport didn't exist when i had that
    > mobile number. <g>

MSN Windows XP