when my friend right clicks my screen name to send a msg to my cell fone, it
goes to a cell fone # i had like five years ago. i've changed it in my
profile and such - to no avail.

can anyone point me to all the possible places MSN Msngr would be retrieving
this cell fone # from?

thanks

Greetings,

These messages would be going to whatever you set up at http://mobile.msn.com under your
Passport.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

> Greetings,
>
> These messages would be going to whatever you set up at
> http://mobile.msn.com under your Passport.
> Jonathan Kay

yes, one would assume that. but passport didn't exist when i had that
mobile number. <g>

graham

I have the same problem right now. I've closed my Hotmail account, tried to
completely get rid of that Passport, but my contact still shows up in
people's 'Mobile' section of their Messenger window. They can even re-add my
contact either by email address or device number.

I've asked Microsoft for help, and they have stopped responding. I showed
them steps to duplicate the issue, but perhaps something has gone horribly
wrong with the MSN customer support.

As a current workaround, everyone that has you on their list has to manually
delete the contact.