Sign in with
Your question
Closed

cannot install need for speed most wanted

Last response: in Video Games
December 13, 2005 10:37:13 PM

The first time it went to 27% if I remember correctly and a error message appeared. I clicked retry a few times. The same error message appears. "A track could not be copied" or something like that. So I had to cancel the installation. I restarted my pc. Now the installtion doesn't start anymore when I insert disk 1 in my cd rom.

I disabled my dvd drive in "my computer" "properties". Still the installation doesn't start when I place disk 1 in my cd rom.

When I go in "my computer" and double click on "speed.exe", "safemode install" that doesn't work either. A message like "E: is not a win 32 file" appears.

Oh and the EA site doesn't work so that's why I came here.

More about : install speed wanted

December 14, 2005 7:09:40 PM

Try using your dvd drive. Are there any obvious scratches on the disc? I havent raelly looked up the error. see if there is any software for it. And google it around
December 19, 2005 6:17:39 PM

I can't install this games because this message appears:

A problem occured when trying to transfer the file 'E:AutoRunAutoRun.bmp'from the media.
Do you want to retry to copy the file, or cancel the installation?

I click "retry" and the same message appears again. So I clicked "cancel".

Then this message appears:

"Are you sure you want to quit installation"

I click "yes".

Then this message appears:

"An unknown error occured while accessing E:AUTORUNAUTORUN.BMP"

Then the install screen appears with text instead of the NFS MW picture. I clicked on "play/install" and this message appears

"C:p rogram FilesEA GamesNeed for Speed Most Wantedspeed.exe"

I clicked "OK".

I disabled my cd rom this time and tried to install the game with my dvd player. The same messages appear. There's know scratches on the disk.

There's so many people having problems installing this game that I don't know where to start.
Related resources
December 20, 2005 12:40:25 AM

ok now the installation starts but it's not reading the disk properly. How can I disable the messanger service. What is it called in "task manager". I deleted the ones I could find in "task manager". It seems to me that they are all disabled but messages still appear.
December 26, 2005 4:22:43 PM

Well I got Need for Speed Most Wanted - Black Edition and I installed it perfectlye inserted all my CD's when asked to and the installetion was 100% successful, but now when I insert CD 1 to play the game it tells me CANNOT LOCATE THE CD-ROM that's after I press to play it gives me the screen and then that message it says PLEASE INSERT THE CORRECT CD-ROM CLICK OK AND RESTART APPLICATION... can anyone please help me??????
December 26, 2005 5:23:50 PM

also when I go to my computer now (I usually have only 2 ROM's CD/DVD ROM/WRITER and the second Is just a regular CD-ROm but now i have another one (G) which i dont have a slot to... or anything so i don't know if thats the problem

please AIM me @ RenegadeE9391 if you can help me
January 9, 2006 7:19:14 AM

Quote:
Well I got Need for Speed Most Wanted - Black Edition and I installed it perfectlye inserted all my CD's when asked to and the installetion was 100% successful, but now when I insert CD 1 to play the game it tells me CANNOT LOCATE THE CD-ROM that's after I press to play it gives me the screen and then that message it says PLEASE INSERT THE CORRECT CD-ROM CLICK OK AND RESTART APPLICATION... can anyone please help me??????
January 9, 2006 7:22:24 AM

well, i also facing the same problem as u do. plz reply if u know yhe solution at msj_united@yahoo.co.uk
November 16, 2006 11:50:34 AM

Quote:
well, i also facing the same problem as u do. plz reply if u know the solution at 08.adam@gmail.com
July 5, 2011 2:03:09 PM

hello mupi 9391 my friend you just need to copy a crack folder on your disk
but first you need to insert your disk into drive then open the cd-rom
after than you find 1 crack folder open it then copy that GAME.exe
after than where you have installed your game for example C:\PROGRAMFILES
than paste it into system folder.
July 5, 2011 2:57:52 PM

^ Piracy is not supported on these forums. Unless these are 100% legit versions of the game, we will not help you.

EDIT: Silly me... Should have checked the dates. Mods!
July 5, 2011 3:31:19 PM

This topic has been closed by Aford10
!