Gigabyte 8IRXP on the way!

pastorjay

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2001
Hey all. I have been an AMD guy since I started building computers a few years ago. But I wanted to try something different and build an Intel system (no flames or AMD vs. Intel battles here please). I have the 8IRXP on the way along with a P4 1.8a. I will be running XP pro. Here are my questions:

1. What drivers will I need for this thing? I know the board comes with the cd for drivers, are those the best to use?

2. I have seen that I need to update the bios to the f6. Is the one on the gigabyte site the one I need, or is there another floating around somewhere?

3. I have an Alpha Pal 8045, should I use it? Will it fit on this board, or should I just use the hsf that comes with the P4?

I will have some o'clocking questions later, once I get it all set up. Thanks for your help!

Kanaz

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2002
1. ?What OS you using? If you have Windows XP then you really don't need any, but if you don't use the drivers that come with the board.

2. I'd update the BOIS off their website.

3. Use the retail heatsync if you get one.

-<font color=green>"<i>Tis not a <b>man</b>, tis a <b>monster</b>!</i>"</font color=green>