keep getting signed off/on

I have a couple of friends in the east (I'm in the west) of Canada and they
keep getting signed off, but fortunately messenger signs them back on
automatically. Is there some reason for this. It doesn't happen to me. My
connection seems to be stable. They don't have the same ISP. I'm just
wondering if anyone else back east has this same experience. I wondered if
the msn server back there has any issues ... but I'm guessing.

Thanks.
Diana

I keep getting signed off, and it does not sign me on again. Have to do it
manually. Why does it always drop me?