Sign in with
Your question

BF2 - thoughts please

Last response: in Video Games
January 18, 2006 11:43:08 AM

Hi all

I was thinking of getting BF2, but wanted your thoughts before I splash out...

You see, I was one of those people who bought Joint Ops thinking it would be nice to play a game with real people rather than just single player...
But of course, what I discovered is that the game was dominated by players who just run around like headless chickens rather than work as a team, and even more annoying people who base-camp and snipe or just try and knife everyone. :roll: It quickly stopped being fun - if I wanted to run around by myself blasting stuff I'd have bought Quake3.

My question (yes, I'm getting there) is - does BF2 (or similar games) suffer from the same problems? Is the game dominated by annoying 10-year olds whose sole aim in life is to p*ss people off, or can you you actually play a challenging, tactical game with just a smidgeon of realism?

I also hear BF2 still suffers from bugs - are they just a minor irritation, or does it seriously affect your enjoyment?

Thanks for your thoughts... :) 

More about : bf2 thoughts

January 18, 2006 3:20:32 PM

BF2 does have some bad apples - bunny hopping, vehicle whoring, etc etc, but overall it is an awesome game. The next patch will also do away with many of these things.

Sometimes you get in a server like you described, with people randomly running around, but I have had many many games where I've worked with a squad. The Commander and squad setup in BF2 works very well.

Overall, the bugs are more a minor irritation, the game is still very enjoyable.
January 28, 2006 2:30:44 PM

bf2 is one of the most fun games ive played in a while, its hard to play alone, as in with no buddies playing, its deffintly one of the better lan games... just have 10 or 12 people over and lan that game all night long is a blast, i stopped playing it though because of school and work theres not much time for gaming, but last time i played many people who flew jets seemed bs, as in theyd fly down from unseeable heights on the map and bomb 1 small jeep, which is impossible since you cant see that far down and jeeps are very hard to hit, ive actually seem a plane bomb a single person like that... thats the biggest annoyance in the game, most of the time vechile whores in land vechiles can be killed easily with 2 or more teammates working together and flanking, which is why its most fun to play with friends or just friendly mature people because it makes the game so much better... but i believe bf2 has more younger kids than older teens simply because its rated T, so the parents think that its not as bad as halflife2 cause thats rated M! so they buy it for them, but ive been pretty lucky in that game at avoiding little kids, maybe seeing 1 or 2 in a 3 hour gaming session, but thats because id play late at night. since its what 30 bux now? dont hesitate to buy it, excellent game even with all the weird bugs... EA seems to be kinda... ontop of the bugs, they release patches monthly it seems for that game, hell i mgonna play tonight
Related resources
February 1, 2006 10:01:55 AM

hey, my first post. I would download the demo first, then if you are like me, play the demo for about four months with your tongue sticking out the whole time, then buy the damn game. i am no huge gamer, but that game brought me in as close to the old days as I have been since playing Zaxxon on my coleco for like seven hours straight in 1983 (no pee breaks, I would have died) with a top score of like 600,000. hahaha, sorry about the trip down memory lane. You will love the game, but everyone gets pissed at the strength of the apaches, the bunny hop/dolphin dive,the f16 that just dropped a 500lb bomb on your head when you are crawling in full sniper cammo up a hill under trees and foliage, or my new all time favorite, the I just jumped into a tank, waited for 30 seconds until people got out of my way, fired a warning shot to let everyone know to get out of my way, then as soon as I start to roll, some a-hole dives under the treads and punishes me for a t/k. The trick, is to get the bugs down to a minimum, find a server you can get a decent ping on, and have fun. oh yeah, don't torture your self by looking at the game in full res unless you can play it in that. I did, and now I have to upgrade.
February 16, 2006 4:54:14 PM

BF2 is a very fun game - BUT, the lates patch sux a lot.
February 16, 2006 6:15:55 PM

its worth the 30 or 40 bux u spend on it...
March 9, 2006 6:04:55 AM

BF2 is worth the dough and you will enjoy it.
March 9, 2006 6:49:28 AM

Those anyone notice that you can't fire your weapon while jumping in BF2? That really sucks to know you can't pull the trigger and just bunny hoping across the street hoping not to catch some lead. A soldier that could only sprints 50 yards, come on thats ridiculous. An anti-tank weapon that is a dud, I mean you have to hit a tank four times to destroy it and by then the tank can blow you up while reloading with a sweet @$$ time. Also anti-tank weapon not killing a person? There are several times I hit someone pretty close like a foot away but the target is still alive? Wow! The grenade is more powerful than the anti-tank weapon.

Sniping can be frustrating some of the time. Like shooting an enemy in the neck with a .50 caliber weapon does not kill them. Bulletproof? I like the sniping in Counter Strike: Source where a direct body hit would kill the target and limbs cut off health more than half. It also happened to me like I aim at the head and pull the trigger but nothing happen and the target just keep on crawling. Also I don't like them characters that move slow I mean who walks during a firefight? I just hope someone can make a very good improvement in BF2, I mean I like it for the most part. Overall, it's a very good shooting game but could definitely need some improvements.
March 9, 2006 7:54:45 AM

BF has always had patches tweaking it as things go on... essentially on the first day thousands of people put in more man hours of play than could have ever been done by the development team themselves, so changes are made.

BF2, well worth the money - I've never regretted buying it.
March 9, 2006 10:30:30 AM

Quote:
Those anyone notice that you can't fire your weapon while jumping in BF2? That really sucks to know you can't pull the trigger and just bunny hoping across the street hoping not to catch some lead.

Good! Bunny-hopping is hardly realistic! Do soldiers take pogo-sticks into combat? :roll:

Quote:
A soldier that could only sprints 50 yards, come on thats ridiculous.

OK, that's a bit daft.

Quote:
An anti-tank weapon that is a dud, I mean you have to hit a tank four times to destroy it and by then the tank can blow you up while reloading with a sweet @$$ time. Also anti-tank weapon not killing a person? There are several times I hit someone pretty close like a foot away but the target is still alive? Wow! The grenade is more powerful than the anti-tank weapon.

I guess that's to stop it being an uber-weapon and everyone just running around with anti-tank rockets.

Quote:
Sniping can be frustrating some of the time. Like shooting an enemy in the neck with a .50 caliber weapon does not kill them. Bulletproof?

OMG, that's so lame. I know it's a game, but surely some realism is a good thing?

Quote:
I like the sniping in Counter Strike: Source where a direct body hit would kill the target and limbs cut off health more than half.

Same in Strikeforce (Unreal Tournament mod) - sniper hit = death.

Well, that's made my mind up - I won't be buying this unless I've tried it. Is there a demo?
March 9, 2006 3:09:55 PM

I think theres' one in gamespot.com but with all my b!tching with these bugs, I love BF2, especially looking at someone running towards your claymore mine and get blown up. It's excellerating and definitely worth the money. So skip the demo and buy the game instead and become a member of Xfire for online gaming. :D 
March 9, 2006 3:15:33 PM

Do you think EA or someone would came up with some sort of mutators for BF2. You know like being able to control everything from points, health, damage, etc.

I mean I would like to see some games with just snipers. Or close combat in a single building just like duking it out in Warlords big mansion or house. Or just all pistols. That would be cool to have more control over the game. :D 
March 9, 2006 3:46:28 PM

Quote:
I think theres' one in gamespot.com but with all my b!tching with these bugs, I love BF2, especially looking at someone running towards your claymore mine and get blown up. It's excellerating and definitely worth the money. So skip the demo and buy the game instead and become a member of Xfire for online gaming. :D 

I'm sure it's a fun game, but so was Joint Ops at first. Then I got fed up with it being hopelessly arcade-y. I'm not keen on forking out £50-60 (for original game and add-on) for a game that's going to wind me up. And putting a sniper round through a guy's head and watching him flounce off saying "ooh, my head hurts" 8O is likely to make me vomit up my soul in rage. :evil: 
March 9, 2006 4:42:36 PM

Sniping is piss poor in BF2, even w/ the 'upgraded' sniper. By itself, that was enough to make me uninstall the game. That, among numerous other gameplay issues caused me enough grief not to want to play it at all. The fun does not outweigh the gayness. And NO, the commander/squad doesn't work as well as it could. You have to be fortunate to get into a server where people actually care about winning and using these features to win. For the most part, people just care about doing their own thing and nobody ever communicates using voip (most clans use their own vent or ts).
Buy COD2. At least the gameplay is consistent. The only issue is no anti-cheat but that'll be fixed soon (hopefully, very soon).

My 2 cents :wink: Not a bad way to break in my first post though!
March 9, 2006 6:00:52 PM

BF2 is great game, albeit one with a couple annoying issues. And coming from a fairly skilled clan who played JO:TR and JO:E, the teamwork factor in BF2 is a lot higher. Yeah, people will whine about bunnies, armor whores, sniping, and just about anything else that gets them killed repeatedly, but you can find that anywhere. Its worth the money to buy the core game, the Special Forces Expansion was a waste of cash, IMHO, except for the 2 extra unlocks that it gives you, but that ain't worth the $30 cost. But I got it for XMas, so I can't complain much.

Plus the variations in maps and vehicles adds to the replay value, I'm an admitted Air Whore, so you will see me frequently in an Apache or a Bomber. Buy it, you won't regret it.
March 9, 2006 6:28:44 PM

So you prefer a PG13 games? I don't think there's a shooting game with people that is PG13 so Im sorry with. But BF2 is fictional.
March 10, 2006 10:18:03 AM

Quote:
So you prefer a PG13 games? I don't think there's a shooting game with people that is PG13 so Im sorry with. But BF2 is fictional.

Pardon? I couldn't care less what the age-rating of the game is - I'm 26 so they don't apply to me!

I realise that the game is fictional (duh), but since it is set in realisitc locations, with realistic weapons, used by realistic units, and the game was marketed as encouraging realistic team-work and tactics - wouldn't you expect a realistic damage model? Surely the best way to encourage players to behave more like real soldiers and not run around in a gung-ho manner is to make sure that if you get shot - you die (or are at least incapacitated). If getting an artillery shell in the ear is only a minor inconvenience (ooh, better pick up some Optrex for that), then it hardly helps you suspend disbelief.

There are already enough FPS games that reward players who can accurately shoot whilst bunny-hopping over the map on their lonesome - I thought the point of games like BF2 was that they were supposed to be a little more cerebral and tactical?
March 10, 2006 11:23:23 AM

Sorry man, I didn't mean it in a bad way. I just thought you don't like shooting games that is realistic cuz some people just don't like it and I respect that.

That's what Im thinking also, that the game would be more like tactical and more teamwork. But I hate it when someone in the game just doesn't work with everyone else. They just run around knifing or shock paddling everyone to death for their record sake. Because the game has some sort of award, medal, badge or ribbon if you kill lots of people with a certain kit or riding a vehicle or aircraft for a certain period of time. So they just go with thier own and wonder about in the map.

Sometimes I keep calling for support becuase our teams flag is being attacked but only one person answers or maybe notice and helps. Or a vehicle pass through the line and go for the flag behind our line and people with vehicle don't chase them down. And some just ride their vehicle and wait at an enemy spawning point and shoot everyone that spawns their. They died before they could even go in a prone position and without knowing what hit them.

But I've seen few teams out their that work together and go around in a squad. The best team I have is like I'm the Medic, others are support for ammo, assault and sniper for setting up claymore mines for the ones that chase us. But I'm not too worried about it and it's just a game and everyone just wants to have fun with it. So I just go along with. But some improvements like I mention before maybe not all of them could need some changes with the next patch. :D 
March 10, 2006 1:12:36 PM

Doh.

I think the BF2 is a very good game. Some bugs are really bad, but the all game is OK. The thing is that its the next FPS and u dont have to think a lot in it. I think that if u want to play it, check out if u can get full details coz the game wont be different from others (maybe free like Americas Army).

I know that graphic is not the most important, but imo it is waste of money if u pay for game about 50$ (with expancion) and u cant have fun because people's face looks like shit and when u are running and sbs is shooting to u, u have 20FPS :p .

Have no fear if u got new comp, if u have old GPU buy it first, play F.E.A.R, CoD2 and then buy BF2 (or play demo... or... dowland for try ;)  ).
I think that nowadays the only different between the games is that one have got batter graphic than the other... :? Stupid but real.. ash youself when was the last time u has been playing VERY good game (i am thinking about the storyline etc..). For me it was about 5-6 years ago.

I think BF2 is good.. but the only different between Bf2 and AA is that u have to pay to play :) 
March 10, 2006 3:49:09 PM

Quote:
Sorry man, I didn't mean it in a bad way. I just thought you don't like shooting games that is realistic cuz some people just don't like it and I respect that.

Quite the opposite! I want the game to be realistic. And people bunny-hopping in a war-zone like Zeberdee after 8 cups of coffee isn't realistic. Neither is taking a sniper round in the head and only feeling slightly unwell. I had hugh hopes when I heard about BF2 when it was in development - shame the developers went for sales over making a good game (well, my idea of what a good game would be).

Quote:
That's what Im thinking also, that the game would be more like tactical and more teamwork. But I hate it when someone in the game just doesn't work with everyone else.

Me too - guess it depends on the people playing. But unless you have a private server where you know everyone playing, you can't help but get a few muppets turn up. A good game would prevent muppets from prospering, but it seems in BF2 that isn't the case.

Quote:
They just run around knifing or shock paddling everyone to death for their record sake. Because the game has some sort of award, medal, badge or ribbon if you kill lots of people with a certain kit or riding a vehicle or aircraft for a certain period of time. So they just go with thier own and wonder about in the map.

Sounds just like Joint Ops then. Since I already own Joint Ops and my comp can run it fine, there's no point me buying BF2.

Quote:
Sometimes I keep calling for support becuase our teams flag is being attacked but only one person answers or maybe notice and helps. Or a vehicle pass through the line and go for the flag behind our line and people with vehicle don't chase them down. And some just ride their vehicle and wait at an enemy spawning point and shoot everyone that spawns their. They died before they could even go in a prone position and without knowing what hit them.

The other annoying thin gpeople do in Joint Ops is taking vehicles without waiting for passengers. I've lost count of the number of times I've seen tanks being driven off by just a driver (who switches position to fire), or helicopter troop carriers with space for 8-12 flying around with 1 or 2 guys in it. Totally spoils the game.

Hopefully they'll be braver with BF3 and actually make a tactical MMOG FPS. I doubt it though - BF2 is immensely popular so they'll probably just go for more of the same. We can look forward to Army-issue pogo-sticks... 8O
March 10, 2006 3:52:46 PM

Quote:
Have no fear if u got new comp, if u have old GPU buy it first, play F.E.A.R, CoD2 and then buy BF2 (or play demo... or... dowland for try ;)  ).

Hmm. I have an Athlon 3000, 1Gb of RAM and a Geforce 6800. All a bit old - think I'll be OK?

Quote:
I think that nowadays the only different between the games is that one have got batter graphic than the other... :? Stupid but real.. ash youself when was the last time u has been playing VERY good game (i am thinking about the storyline etc..). For me it was about 5-6 years ago.

I'm playing one now - it's called X3. OK, the plot is poor, but you get to shoot stuff AND use your brain. Plus you get to build a huge empire mwahahahahaha. :twisted:
March 10, 2006 4:58:22 PM

It'll run but another Gig of RAM would make it a better experience.
March 10, 2006 6:08:14 PM

As BigMac said.. the another one GB of ram would be usefull coz there are v. big maps.

The graphic is ok i think..
Also u could O/C your Proccesor and GPU... a little :) 
March 10, 2006 6:27:12 PM

bf2 runs decent with me with an amd3700 x700pro 1 gb memory... when im in a jet or heli right after the map loads it can get a bit choppy, but i get 60fps constant on high/medium (even with that crap card)
March 10, 2006 7:16:30 PM

BF2 is by FAR the best game to come out in a long time. AOE III was a joke, CS:S just became as irritating as the last one with the bulls*** cheaters and UT2K4 is just a little long in the tooth to still be a major factor at a LAN.

As with any game, there are annoyances, the bunny-hoping horse-s*** could use to stop and up till the last patch, the snipe rifles were a joke...can't stop someone with the Barret? please, .50cal would rip your skinny white a$$ apart from any distance. With the latest (1.2) patch, the snipe's are actually a little more effective but for the rest of us that just prefer to grunt it out not much change.

The vehicle whoring has caused me to lob m-203 rounds into boats more times than i can count...punish me for TK'ing you p***ies cause i'm going to keep doing it till you get the picture. DONT F***ING LEAVE WHEN THERE ARE 50 PEOPLE SCRAMBLING TO GET OFF THE F***ING CARRIER!

BF2 is the only game we play at LAN's anymore and if that not a ringing endorsement i dont know what is

MSI K8N-Neo2
AMD X2 4200+
evga 6800gt
2gb (4x512mb) crucial ballistix
March 10, 2006 7:50:02 PM

Quote:
It'll run but another Gig of RAM would make it a better experience.

2 Gb of ram is definitely need to run them very huge maps especially running it at 1280x1024 at high settings with x2 AA. This happened to me when I only have 1Gb of ram at first. The game stutters and I thought it was just the settings to high for the graphics card. So I added two 512 mb of sticks and no more stutter. I've read it somewhere before that BF2 needed 1.2 Gb to run.
March 10, 2006 7:53:38 PM

Quote:
BF has always had patches tweaking it as things go on... essentially on the first day thousands of people put in more man hours of play than could have ever been done by the development team themselves, so changes are made.

BF2, well worth the money - I've never regretted buying it.

Cool the 1.21 patch is already out but I can't download it. The EA site download rate is just too slow and it says 3 and a half hours to download the whole patch. Some of the better sites that can give you the patch in 30 minutes are at full capacity!

Does anybody know a better site to download this patch with a faster download rate?
March 10, 2006 8:08:59 PM

download through fileshack...the normal download is 250k/sec i think. you can get an account and have no wait time and 500k/sec, otherwise you can just get inline, usually only takes a few minutes in the queue
March 10, 2006 8:39:45 PM

filefront is my fav, as for download speeds my internet maxxes at 100, but ive seen friends dl at 3mb/s from there... without an account... the lines are usually short, if not empty..
March 10, 2006 8:44:05 PM

gonna have to bookmark that, thanks!
March 10, 2006 11:02:45 PM

Many thanks and I would save that website. I haven't heard of it before. Thanks again bro. :D 
March 11, 2006 3:48:49 AM

lol glad to help, i hate getting caught in lines at fileplanet... so i know how it feels :p , ausgamers is also another site that has almost no lines, but i believe its international so the speed is a lot slower... but if filefront doesnt have it ausgamers probably will... and the dlspeeds wont be that horrible
March 11, 2006 3:58:11 AM

Hey!!!!!! I have seen the pics and have read some about an Australian force thing. My question is, is it gonna be a patch or just another expansion pack? Has anyone tried it?

I still haven't downloaded the 1.21 patch, I'll wait till early tommorow.
March 11, 2006 6:08:19 AM

On what details are u playing? Full with anizo or without?
I just want to know if the 6800gt is enought good 4 this game :) ..

and whatever.. i saw there is a lot of NOOBS on servers. They can't shoot, can't ride, can't cover u.. etc :?...
I know that not everyone have to be pro player and have good skill, but come on... when i am shouting cover me i dont want to see his bullets in my a$$ :/ 
It is the only thing i think Americas Army is better -> less n00Bs
March 11, 2006 3:48:32 PM

6800gt isp lenty to run at medium/high with enough ram in ur computer, 2 gigs will let u run at high pretty much flawless
March 11, 2006 7:38:28 PM

I got the 1.21 patch for BF2 but still got a major problem. During single and multiplayer game when I press the print screen it just causes major glitch on the game. The screen stutters and full of artifacts and some square shape white boxes. Then it gets worst and nothing but static niose on the screen and no responce to controls. The only thing I could do is hit the escape botton with causes blue screen with static lines and freeze up the whole system. I did it several times to make sure it wasn't just a freak incident but it did the same. So far everything has no major problems except hitting the print screen/capture screen. I did not know any negative empact due to this malfunction.

Does anyone out there have experience the same thing and what can I do to prevent something like this?
March 11, 2006 8:59:32 PM

probably a heat problem, see what ur video card temps are in game, my x700pro can handle bf2 on mdium/high with no problems and ur 6800gt is much faster
March 12, 2006 3:06:33 AM

No, I think it's in the software. I don't believe it's a some sort of heat related problem for it would only freeze when I try to capture an image while playing by pushing the print screen botton. I didn't do this kind of problem when the game was on its original version 1.0.

My temps anyways are fine at high settings on BF2. Both 7800GTX 256 hoovers around 56c*. I even try it at 1280x1024 with SLIx16 on BF2 and FEAR and have no problem of overheating.

I'm almost it's the 1.21 patch that cuases this, but I don't really mind having not to be able to capture an image.
March 12, 2006 3:25:54 AM

if it only freezes when ur capping an image then maybe u dun have enough ram... i duno whats actualyl going on but i experience similar things when i do it, the hole system lags for a couple of seconds, but in ur case it freezes, maybe its due to not enough ram and the settings being maxxed... but if u have 2 gigs of memory i duno what it could be, i doubt its the patch though... but yea, who cares if u cant take a pic
March 13, 2006 4:42:09 AM

It never happened before. I didn't do anything, but right after the 1.21 patch the freezing thing with the screen capture started. And now BF2 doesn't reconized my sound card (x-fi) and says it's incompatible with the game, but I did it anyway and work. But now I have to change the audio settings from software to hardware or there would be no sound in the game. It's pretty weird and none of my geek friends was able to figure it out. One suggest I should delete and reinstall the game again, so maybe I'll try that.
March 13, 2006 10:04:39 AM

Quote:
The vehicle whoring has caused me to lob m-203 rounds into boats more times than i can count...punish me for TK'ing you p***ies cause i'm going to keep doing it till you get the picture. DONT F***ING LEAVE WHEN THERE ARE 50 PEOPLE SCRAMBLING TO GET OFF THE F***ING CARRIER!

Surely they could encourage less vehicle-whoring by awarding experience points for transporting other troops? I think Joint Ops tried this, but it didn't work as the rewards were too small compared to kills, plus you got badly punished if a vehicle under your control got killed with teammates in it. Getting a 12-seater 'chopper downed was bad... :oops: 
March 13, 2006 2:16:21 PM

the 6800gt has more than enough *oomph* to do bf2, its about the ram with bf2 and 2gb is enough to satisfy me, i play at 1280*1024 on high quality with 2x AA...i dont care enough about how it looks to max it out, hell im fine with 1024*768 and everything on low...but a bit further view distance is nice now and again :) 

it would be good to get points for transport and i know you get driver kill assist points and things like that...i will admit though that since i dont know how to fly the helicopter with any degree of certainty, sometimes i just load the blackhawk up with my buddies and fly really really high and we all just bail out to see what happens...and sometimes we forget to tell the other n00b in the jumpseat we bailed :oops:  of course...seeing the 'hawk augering into the ground should be clue enough to hop off or in the ol' drivers seat... *shrug* oh well, i have my parachute ribbon :lol: 
March 13, 2006 3:33:21 PM

I should be OK to run it then with my 6800. I was thinking of getting an extra 1Gb of RAM anyway...
March 13, 2006 3:47:16 PM

my little brother runs BF2 on my old system which is just a 5700 ultra, XP 2200+ and 1gb of pc2100 in single channel and he runs it just great on medium settings @1024*768. i also have a buddy who will play it on his 5200 ultra and 1gb of ram...so your 6800 will be just fine :D 

i feel like there is more i want to say...but im drawing a blank...damn me being at work over spring break!
March 13, 2006 7:56:26 PM

Don't you guys hate it when three vehicles are guarding the spawning points which fixed by the way. Once someone spawns they just shoot before they could even turn around and shoot back. That is just retarded that the spawning point are fixed and some knows exactly the spawning points are in the map, so they just set there and wait for someone to spawn or lay a claymore for someone careless to walk on.

I think they should change the spawning point and make it random around the somewhere around the flag location.

That would be cool and to stop them vehicle whore who takes advantage of this stuff.
March 13, 2006 7:59:30 PM

they tried that with BF:Vietnam in one of the patches, the VC could construct mobile spawn points anywhere on the map...it was pretty cool, made it harder and the spawn points weren't anything that said spawn point if i remember correctly.

spawn camping, stats padding whores, shoot me like a man!...of course, im so inept, takes me 5 min to get ready to fire sometimes...sigh...im such a n00b :lol: 
March 13, 2006 9:01:20 PM

Yeah I hate those bastards who just prone and wait for someone to spawn to kill them to rack points. What a game fag. Anyways my rank right now is gunny, I just started about 3 weeks ago and I play everytime like 8 hours a day seriously! I'm hook with this game, its' insane.

Before I used to just play at lan party, because I hate them online game cuz of the lag. Your reflexes are as fast as the connection speed. So it suck sometimes when I play in some slow and choppy servers.
March 13, 2006 9:09:05 PM

well then my advise is dont play on UK servers if u live in america, also play on ranked servers hosted by clans, they tend to have the best servers... the bf2 provided servers are usually bad in my experience, they also have the most n00bs on them
March 13, 2006 9:24:38 PM

my favorite servers are the trinity servers, sort by trinity, im usually in the FNT Trinity...I have had the game for quite a while now but since i dont have the internet at my house i can only play at my buddies house...so im only a staff sergeant...i love the game though
March 13, 2006 10:56:22 PM

Quote:
I should be OK to run it then with my 6800. I was thinking of getting an extra 1Gb of RAM anyway...

6800GT and 2gb as long as you've got a decent proc. you should have
no problem running 1600x1200 4aa everything maxed!
!