Windows blocking files downloaded via messenger

My computer seems to be blocking and locking away files that i download via
msn messenger. Is there any way i can turn this frustrating feature off?

any help would be appreciated :)

Greetings,

There sure is, just download and run the following .reg file:
http://messenger.jonathankay.com/downloads/extfix.reg

You'll need to completely restart the Messenger client to see the change.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"Bailey78" <Bailey78@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My computer seems to be blocking and locking away files that i download via
> msn messenger. Is there any way i can turn this frustrating feature off?
>
> any help would be appreciated :)

Jonathan,

I have two almost identical PC with same version of Windows, updates,
patches and MSN Messenger, but only one of the two PC have this type of
blocking even for *.mid file... What's going on?

Thanks.

> Greetings,
>
> There sure is, just download and run the following .reg file:
> http://messenger.jonathankay.com/downloads/extfix.reg
>
> You'll need to completely restart the Messenger client to see the change.
> Jonathan Kay
> Associate Expert
>
> "Bailey78" <Bailey78@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> My computer seems to be blocking and locking away files that i download
>> via
>> msn messenger. Is there any way i can turn this frustrating feature off?
>>
>> any help would be appreciated :)

TRENDING THREADS