Windows blocking files downloaded via messenger

My computer seems to be blocking and locking away files that i download via
msn messenger. Is there any way i can turn this frustrating feature off?

any help would be appreciated :)
3 answers Last reply
More about windows blocking files downloaded messenger

    Greetings,

    There sure is, just download and run the following .reg file:
    http://messenger.jonathankay.com/downloads/extfix.reg

    You'll need to completely restart the Messenger client to see the change.
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    Jonathan Kay [MVP] wrote:
    > Greetings,
    >
    > There sure is, just download and run the following .reg file:
    > http://messenger.jonathankay.com/downloads/extfix.reg

    Will that enable the sending and recieving of exe files? So we can stop
    having to rename them to and from .doc !

    --
    Marc
    Visit http://www.iMarc.co.uk/ for contact information and reviews.

    Jonathan,

    I have two almost identical PC with same version of Windows, updates,
    patches and MSN Messenger, but only one of the two PC have this type of
    blocking even for *.mid file... What's going on?

    Thanks.

    > Greetings,
    >
    > There sure is, just download and run the following .reg file:
    > http://messenger.jonathankay.com/downloads/extfix.reg
    >
    > You'll need to completely restart the Messenger client to see the change.
    > Jonathan Kay
    > Associate Expert
    >
    > "Bailey78" <Bailey78@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> My computer seems to be blocking and locking away files that i download
    >> via
    >> msn messenger. Is there any way i can turn this frustrating feature off?
    >>
    >> any help would be appreciated :)

Computers Messenger Microsoft MSN Messenger Windows XP