A7V333 and Geforce3 HELP!

G

Please help if you can. I have the ASUS A7V33. I also have an Xtasy GeForce3 TI500. The system will not display anything with this card. The mobo works fine with other vid cards and the vid card works fine with other mobo's. I figure its one of the AGP settings but I tried all the easier ones and it would take forever to do all the advanced options "0-F settings etc" I figure someone has had to have had this problem. Could someone please help! Also, the onboard raid configured 4 drives as 4 raid arrays and wont let me delete them to setup and REAL raid array. Anyone who has this board and knows what I am talking about please lend a hand. Thanks in advance.

G

it probably has something to do with the AGP voltage signaling. here is a quote from my motherboard FAQ (P4T-M) on ASUS.com:
"Question :
There is no display if I use ASUS AGP-V300C on P4T-M. What's wrong?

Answer :
Intel 850 chipset supports 1.5V AGP signaling only. AGP-V300C reruires 3.3V AGP signaling so it cannot be used on Intel 850 chipset based motherboards."

that might explain it, even though you are using a diffrerent chipset.

sniper226

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2002
I have the Asus A7V333 with an Asus 8200 GF3 Ti 500. I purposely choosed Asus so there is no finger pointing if there are problems.

There are newer drivers for both the Via chip and Nvidia. Check out the web sites and see if you are current. The only change I made at bios was setting VGA to AGP instead of PCI. Mine is set to 4X as well and running just fine. :^)