Ratchet & Clank

Archived from groups: (More info?)

I'm trying to get the second set of gold weapons. I read on Gamefaqs that
they are on Gemlik Base but I can't seem to find them... any help would be
appreciated.

TIA!

Buckaroo Banzai <blisteringlogic@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to get the second set of gold weapons. I read on Gamefaqs that
> they are on Gemlik Base but I can't seem to find them... any help would be
> appreciated.

Which R&C game are you playing? The first one? If I recall, you randomly
get 5 gold weapons on your first play-through. When you finish the game
and start a new one, the other 5 are made available in the same place you
were able to purchase them last time.

"Doug Jacobs" <djacobs@shell.rawbw.com> wrote in message
> Buckaroo Banzai <blisteringlogic@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> I'm trying to get the second set of gold weapons. I read on Gamefaqs
>> that
>> they are on Gemlik Base but I can't seem to find them... any help would
>> be
>> appreciated.
>
> Which R&C game are you playing? The first one? If I recall, you randomly
> get 5 gold weapons on your first play-through. When you finish the game
> and start a new one, the other 5 are made available in the same place you
> were able to purchase them last time.

Thanks for the response Doug. Yeah, I'm playing the first one. Gamefaqs
says that you can buy gold weapons On Novalis, and Gemlik base. There was a
little transport pad on Novalis that takes you to a room where I bought 10
gold weapons. I looked for the same transport bad on Gemlik but couldn't
find it. Are there only the 10 weapons then?

Archived from groups: (More info?)

In article <WkqVe.412$3V6.181@newssvr11.news.prodigy.com>,
Buckaroo Banzai <blisteringlogic@yahoo.com> wrote:

>"Doug Jacobs" <djacobs@shell.rawbw.com> wrote in message
>> Buckaroo Banzai <blisteringlogic@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>> I'm trying to get the second set of gold weapons. I read on Gamefaqs
>>> that
>>> they are on Gemlik Base but I can't seem to find them... any help would
>>> be
>>> appreciated.
>>
>> Which R&C game are you playing? The first one? If I recall, you randomly
>> get 5 gold weapons on your first play-through. When you finish the game
>> and start a new one, the other 5 are made available in the same place you
>> were able to purchase them last time.
>>

>Thanks for the response Doug. Yeah, I'm playing the first one. Gamefaqs
>says that you can buy gold weapons On Novalis, and Gemlik base. There was a
>little transport pad on Novalis that takes you to a room where I bought 10
>gold weapons. I looked for the same transport bad on Gemlik but couldn't
>find it. Are there only the 10 weapons then?

As far as I remember, there was only 1 place in the first game to buy
the gold weapons. Gamefaqs probably has more details. There were a
limited number of gold weapons in the first game. You couldn't
upgrade all of your weapons (unlike the 2nd and 3rd games).

Vin

Archived from groups: (More info?)

"Buckaroo Banzai" <blisteringlogic@yahoo.com> wrote in

> "Doug Jacobs" <djacobs@shell.rawbw.com> wrote in message
>> Buckaroo Banzai <blisteringlogic@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>> I'm trying to get the second set of gold weapons. I read on
>>> Gamefaqs that
>>> they are on Gemlik Base but I can't seem to find them... any help
>>> would be
>>> appreciated.
>>
>> Which R&C game are you playing? The first one? If I recall, you
>> randomly get 5 gold weapons on your first play-through. When you
>> finish the game and start a new one, the other 5 are made available
>> in the same place you were able to purchase them last time.
>>

> Thanks for the response Doug. Yeah, I'm playing the first one.
> Gamefaqs says that you can buy gold weapons On Novalis, and Gemlik
> base. There was a little transport pad on Novalis that takes you to a
> room where I bought 10 gold weapons. I looked for the same transport
> bad on Gemlik but couldn't find it. Are there only the 10 weapons
> then?

Check out the huge tower next to the spaceship runway at the very end of
Gemlik Base-where you get to steal your new spaceship. You have to wall-
jump part of the way up, then take an elevator the rest of the way. I
don't think everything is available there until you finish your first
game and start your second, but like everyone else, I haven't played it
in a while so am not sure...

-- Bob

PS: Avoid the gold Glove of Doom. The original was superior. Most of
the gold weps aren't all that great, with a couple of exceptions, like
the vacuum gun and the Devastator.

Archived from groups: (More info?)

"Buckaroo Banzai" <blisteringlogic@yahoo.com> wrote in

> "Doug Jacobs" <djacobs@shell.rawbw.com> wrote in message
>> Buckaroo Banzai <blisteringlogic@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>> I'm trying to get the second set of gold weapons. I read on
>>> Gamefaqs that
>>> they are on Gemlik Base but I can't seem to find them... any help
>>> would be
>>> appreciated.
>>
>> Which R&C game are you playing? The first one? If I recall, you
>> randomly get 5 gold weapons on your first play-through. When you
>> finish the game and start a new one, the other 5 are made available
>> in the same place you were able to purchase them last time.
>>

> Thanks for the response Doug. Yeah, I'm playing the first one.
> Gamefaqs says that you can buy gold weapons On Novalis, and Gemlik
> base. There was a little transport pad on Novalis that takes you to a
> room where I bought 10 gold weapons. I looked for the same transport
> bad on Gemlik but couldn't find it. Are there only the 10 weapons
> then?

Whoops, I need to learn to read better. Yes, there's only ten.

-- Bob

"Odd Bob" <odd_bob@odd.bob> wrote in message
> "Buckaroo Banzai" <blisteringlogic@yahoo.com> wrote in
>

>> "Doug Jacobs" <djacobs@shell.rawbw.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Which R&C game are you playing? The first one? If I recall, you
>>> randomly get 5 gold weapons on your first play-through. When you
>>> finish the game and start a new one, the other 5 are made available
>>> in the same place you were able to purchase them last time.
>>>

>> Thanks for the response Doug. Yeah, I'm playing the first one.
>> Gamefaqs says that you can buy gold weapons On Novalis, and Gemlik
>> base. There was a little transport pad on Novalis that takes you to a
>> room where I bought 10 gold weapons. I looked for the same transport
>> bad on Gemlik but couldn't find it. Are there only the 10 weapons
>> then?
>>

> Whoops, I need to learn to read better. Yes, there's only ten.
>
> -- Bob

Thanks Bob. I gotta say that I love the Gold Morpho-ray. I love turning my
foes into gigantic chickens...

Odd Bob <odd_bob@odd.bob> wrote:

> The one weapon that outshone all the others, I thought, was the Visibomb.
> I would have done the entire game with just that weapon alone, if it had
> been practical...

Bleah, I didn't like the Visibomb. And I never did get that one bolt that
required you to fly the visibombs through that twisty tunnel.

DrGadget

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2006
You don't need to fly through the tunnel on Orxon. You can go to the other end of the tunnel and use the Gold Devastator at point blank range. There's about a 25% chance that it will take out the door. The riccochet shot has to go into the tunnel and hit the door from the inside, thereby opening it. You can get the whole way through the tunnel this way.

Be prepared to use the PDA.