Sign in with
Your question

So... Which games should I play?

Last response: in Video Games
November 13, 2005 3:46:32 PM

Don't even bother listing something like Final Fantasy.

Currently, I have this short list of games to try out sooner or later:
ICO
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
Shadow of the Colossus
Katamari Damacy

Any other suggestions?
I'm only looking for some of the best games here, and if it's not PS2 exclusive, I probably have it already anyway.

More about : games play

February 20, 2006 3:15:41 AM

Get the Ratchet and Clank games. Start with the first one. They are highly addictive. If you buy it tomorrow, you will call in sick Tuesday. Guaranteed.

The second one is my favorite. The third is OK. I didn't get the 4th.
February 20, 2006 9:02:17 PM

MGS3 & shadow of colossus are great and if you haven't try Resident Evil 4 yet get it. Ratchet & Clank series isn't that really bad, if you're a kid you will surely love it.
Related resources
April 4, 2006 4:32:43 PM

Well Socom is very fun other than that those ones one your lists are winners. ratchet and clank is very fun
April 6, 2006 5:16:20 PM

I have to ask this what about Kingdom Hearts 2? I was at the game store and the guy said it was a cool game. I feel like a punk looking at a game with the Mouse King.
April 23, 2006 1:50:28 AM

Well sorry about this but I am about to reply with Xbox 360 games that I currently own. First, I must list Fight Night Round 3. That game is a MUST if you own a 360. Yeah, the gam potential fo 360 is not totally there yet, but god damn... This game is INSANE on the side of graphics and realistic features.

The new Ghost Recon is also amazing if you are into shoot 'em up games. For over all graphics, for what I have played, I would suggest Project Gotham 3 for some sure eye candy.

But utlimately, preference in games depends on what you like to play more than anything...
April 27, 2006 12:38:11 PM

I saw a commercial for fight night 3 a while back. It took me a few seconds to realize that it was actually a game, and not real boxing footage.
April 28, 2006 1:31:48 AM

God of War
Devil May Cry 3
Onimusha 1,2,3
May 2, 2006 4:26:08 PM

I'd highly recommend Dynasty Warriors 5.
It's arcade, admittedly a bit hack & slash, but the role playing elements and difficulty curve have had me playing it in every spare moment since I got it.
DW5 Empires is apparently on the horizon, so you might want to wait for that...

what sort of games are you into?

I have a cupborad full of PS2 titles, so I'll need something to go on to limit the number of recommendations :D 
June 30, 2006 1:15:53 AM

My favorite games:

God of War
Devil May Cry 3
Devil May Cry 1
MGS2

(I HATE THE MGS3 game, it sucked the peanut)

and some other ones, that really didn't capture my imagination
July 22, 2006 7:19:24 AM

KATAMARI IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!
August 9, 2006 6:16:27 PM

grand turismo 3 hands down best racing game ever for ps2.
dynasty warriors 3 is one of my favorites.
August 10, 2006 10:39:26 PM

Madden '05
Killzone
Gran Turismo 3 (don't get number four, it sucked balls)
Resident Evil 4
Barbie's Unicorn Adventure
November 2, 2006 8:26:53 PM

few games uve prob played but are great fun. jack n daxter/ratchetn clank series, hitman blood money, gta san andreas weer my fav.
November 3, 2006 12:40:38 AM

Try Shadow Hearts and Shadow Hearts 2

Excellent games that most people have never played.

I just noticed you said not to suggest things LIKE final fantasy. These are classic console RPGs but they don't have the cheesy half baked plot and characters. Also the combat is much more entertaining.

Not sure what your objection is precisely but if it is similar to my objection to FF games, SH should be good for you.
November 6, 2006 3:28:32 PM

yeah metal gear solid 3 was pretty good ull like it and devil may cry series is good i like 3 better...
!