Sign in with
Your question

Xp Pro vs. 7 Pro

Last response: in Windows 7
August 9, 2010 6:10:31 PM

Hello,

Before doimg a research Xp Pro vs. 7 Pro, Ive heard negative results about 7 Pro. People were saying that 7 pro is a fixed-up Vista Pro combined with Xp Pro. Is that true?

More about : pro pro

Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
August 9, 2010 11:59:02 PM

This topic has been moved from the section Toms Network to section Windows 7 by Grumpy9117
m
l
August 10, 2010 12:09:48 AM

From what ive gathered (and others feel free to correct me if im wrong), Win 7 is a rebuilt version of Vista. Let me explain what that means.

you have the framework of a car (Vista). Thats about all thats left over from Vista, everything else is Win 7 from the body (the way it looks) to the engine (the way it performs)

Windows 7 is a more efficient and smoother running, better looking version of Windows Vista.

Vista... is a "better looking" worse performing version of XP in my opinion...
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
August 10, 2010 12:19:53 AM

no, but win 7 does include win xp mode (which is what i think you were talking about)
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
August 10, 2010 12:59:56 AM

Are you currently running XP and considering upgrading to Windows 7 Professional? Is this why you are asking? If so, I'd say if your computer is equipped to handle Windows 7, the upgrade is worth it. Visit http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/products/fe... to check out all the features that you get with Windows 7 (many that you do not get with Windows XP). Also, as jefe323 stated, you do get XP Mode with Windows 7 Professional, making it easy for you to still have access to programs / games that are built for XP.

On a side note, if you are considering an upgrade from XP to Windows 7, make sure to run the Upgrade Advisor before installing Windows 7. It will scan your computer and let you know if you need to make any changes before upgrading.

Hope this is useful!

Cheers,
Cassandra
Microsoft Windows Outreach
m
l
a c 365 $ Windows 7
August 10, 2010 2:37:02 PM

wmoto said:
Hello,

Before doimg a research Xp Pro vs. 7 Pro, Ive heard negative results about 7 Pro. People were saying that 7 pro is a fixed-up Vista Pro combined with Xp Pro. Is that true?

This is a bit odd, I have hardly heard anything bad about 7. In fact most IS people say its the best Microsoft OS ever. Whoever told you this is either a MAC user or uses email and Facebook as their main programs.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
August 10, 2010 2:42:32 PM

wmoto said:
People were saying that 7 pro is a fixed-up Vista Pro combined with Xp Pro. Is that true?

People say all sorts of things. Very few of them are true. This is such a case.
m
l
!