G

Limited by $, I'm piecing together 2 pc's for my kids. with 3 decent AT cases to use,and a small stockpile of cards and drives, I'm reluctant to spring for 2 new atx cases. I've got 2 old AT type CE boards, both equipped with 100mhz processors. The 1st used to work, then got to a place where it would not recognize the keyboard. unplugging the keyboard and replugging it to autodetect worked for a while,
that quit working. will installing a keyboard jack on the board fix this? the 2nd board just shows no monitor present, accompanied by a rythmic beep. Changing video cards was to no avail. I can't acces the bios on this board, it won't get past the no monitor warning. can someone give me a hand on this low budget, low tech, attempt to use these two old ('95) simm memoried boards

Conehead

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2002
For the first one, you might try buying an adapter to change your keyboard connection, a PS2 adapter or something...since I presume you don't have USB on those things. For the second one, you might want to try and identify the nature of the beeping. Look into your motherboard manual (if you still have it) Or look up your motherboard on the internet. They usually give a detailed description of what the beeping sounds mean. Thats all I can think of for now. Give it a try and let us know how things go. Hope it helps!

"I only drink on days that end with "AY"..."