using multiple servers in Windows Messenger or MSN Messeng..

August 10, 2005 9:27:12 PM

We currently have Messenger pointing to our Exchange server to IM internal
people. Does anyone know if it is possible to also IM people outside the
company? I think I can install MSN Messenger to communicate with people who
have signed up for Passport and then have Windows Messenger running alongside
that can IM people on our Exchange Server, but can I somehow do this with one
program?

Thanks!
Anonymous
August 12, 2005 11:30:28 AM

Greetings Nick,

Windows Messenger 5.x should allow you to connect to both the local Exchange IM server and
the public .NET Messenger Service (unless this functionality has been turned off by GPO
setting).
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"Nick B" <NickB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We currently have Messenger pointing to our Exchange server to IM internal
> people. Does anyone know if it is possible to also IM people outside the
> company? I think I can install MSN Messenger to communicate with people who
> have signed up for Passport and then have Windows Messenger running alongside
> that can IM people on our Exchange Server, but can I somehow do this with one
> program?
>
> Thanks!
Anonymous
August 15, 2005 1:25:11 PM