using multiple servers in Windows Messenger or MSN Messeng..

We currently have Messenger pointing to our Exchange server to IM internal
people. Does anyone know if it is possible to also IM people outside the
company? I think I can install MSN Messenger to communicate with people who
have signed up for Passport and then have Windows Messenger running alongside
that can IM people on our Exchange Server, but can I somehow do this with one
program?

Thanks!
2 answers Last reply
More about using multiple servers windows messenger messeng

    Greetings Nick,

    Windows Messenger 5.x should allow you to connect to both the local Exchange IM server and
    the public .NET Messenger Service (unless this functionality has been turned off by GPO
    setting).
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "Nick B" <NickB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > We currently have Messenger pointing to our Exchange server to IM internal
    > people. Does anyone know if it is possible to also IM people outside the
    > company? I think I can install MSN Messenger to communicate with people who
    > have signed up for Passport and then have Windows Messenger running alongside
    > that can IM people on our Exchange Server, but can I somehow do this with one
    > program?
    >
    > Thanks!

    Thanks!

    "Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:

    > Greetings Nick,
    >
    > Windows Messenger 5.x should allow you to connect to both the local Exchange IM server and
    > the public .NET Messenger Service (unless this functionality has been turned off by GPO
    > setting).
    > Jonathan Kay
    > Associate Expert

Exchange Server Messenger Servers Windows XP