Appear Offline by default - How Can I Make it Happen?

Hi, how can I have messenger launch, but be in "Appear Offline" state by
default?
3 answers Last reply
More about appear offline default make happen

    In article <#90gnEnnFHA.1444@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>,
    sjmanzella@hawainc.com says...
    > Hi, how can I have messenger launch, but be in "Appear Offline" state by
    > default?

    If you're running MSN Messenger Version 7 you should see something which
    says 'Always Sign in as....' before you log in. If you set that to
    'Appear Offline' Messenger will remember that setting unless you change
    it again.

    Hope this helps

    Thanks guys.

    "D Mazzetti" <dmazzett@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > In article <#90gnEnnFHA.1444@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>,
    > sjmanzella@hawainc.com says...
    >> Hi, how can I have messenger launch, but be in "Appear Offline" state by
    >> default?
    >>

    > If you're running MSN Messenger Version 7 you should see something which
    > says 'Always Sign in as....' before you log in. If you set that to
    > 'Appear Offline' Messenger will remember that setting unless you change
    > it again.
    >
    > Hope this helps

    Hi Sam
    On the sign in screen, there is a section near the top which will probably
    in your case show "Always sign in as Online". Click the down button and
    select appear offline. It will then become your default way of logging in.

    Phil

    "Sam Manzella" <sjmanzella@hawainc.com> wrote in message
    > Hi, how can I have messenger launch, but be in "Appear Offline" state by
    > default?

Default Messenger Microsoft Windows XP