Appear Offline by default - How Can I Make it Happen?

Hi, how can I have messenger launch, but be in "Appear Offline" state by
default?

In article <#90gnEnnFHA.1444@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>,
sjmanzella@hawainc.com says...
> Hi, how can I have messenger launch, but be in "Appear Offline" state by
> default?

If you're running MSN Messenger Version 7 you should see something which
says 'Always Sign in as....' before you log in. If you set that to
'Appear Offline' Messenger will remember that setting unless you change
it again.

Hope this helps

Thanks guys.

"D Mazzetti" <dmazzett@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> In article <#90gnEnnFHA.1444@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>,
> sjmanzella@hawainc.com says...
>> Hi, how can I have messenger launch, but be in "Appear Offline" state by
>> default?
>>

> If you're running MSN Messenger Version 7 you should see something which
> says 'Always Sign in as....' before you log in. If you set that to
> 'Appear Offline' Messenger will remember that setting unless you change
> it again.
>
> Hope this helps

Hi Sam
On the sign in screen, there is a section near the top which will probably
in your case show "Always sign in as Online". Click the down button and
select appear offline. It will then become your default way of logging in.

Phil