MSN Contacts logger

August 13, 2005 10:58:03 PM

Hi Folks

I am looking for a utility that will log when my MSN contacts log in
and out.

I would like a program that writes to a text file when a contact logs
in and out again. I can find plenty of logging software but all I
want to do is produce a log of when my contacts have been online while
I have been away.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Dave

More about : msn contacts logger

Anonymous
August 14, 2005 2:52:44 PM

Greetings Dave,

Messenger Plus can do this (http://www.msgplus.net). The option is located on the main
Messenger window, Plus! menu, Preferences, Logging category, and the Event Logging button.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"Dave Bower" <dave@maquis.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
news:D vcsf19lkl3iqlidnp8hinup9tm2qkq98p@4ax.com...

> Hi Folks
>
> I am looking for a utility that will log when my MSN contacts log in
> and out.
>
> I would like a program that writes to a text file when a contact logs
> in and out again. I can find plenty of logging software but all I
> want to do is produce a log of when my contacts have been online while
> I have been away.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Dave
Anonymous
August 14, 2005 8:05:10 PM

On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 10:52:44 +0100, "Jonathan Kay [MVP]"
<msnewsreplies@jonathankay.com> wrote:

Thanks, Messenger Plus looks great

>Greetings Dave,
>
>Messenger Plus can do this (http://www.msgplus.net). The option is located on the main
>Messenger window, Plus! menu, Preferences, Logging category, and the Event Logging button.
>Jonathan Kay
>Associate Expert
>All posts unless otherwise specified are (c) 2005 Jonathan Kay.
>
>"Dave Bower" <dave@maquis.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
>news:D vcsf19lkl3iqlidnp8hinup9tm2qkq98p@4ax.com...
>>
>> Hi Folks
>>
>> I am looking for a utility that will log when my MSN contacts log in
>> and out.
>>
>> I would like a program that writes to a text file when a contact logs
>> in and out again. I can find plenty of logging software but all I
>> want to do is produce a log of when my contacts have been online while
>> I have been away.
>>
>> Any suggestions?
>>
>> Thanks in advance
>>
>> Dave

August 15, 2005 12:38:47 PM

Hi Dave,

You're very welcome :)

> On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 10:52:44 +0100, "Jonathan Kay [MVP]"
> <msnewsreplies@jonathankay.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks, Messenger Plus looks great
>
>>Greetings Dave,
>>
>>Messenger Plus can do this (http://www.msgplus.net). The option is located on the main
>>Messenger window, Plus! menu, Preferences, Logging category, and the Event Logging button.
>>Jonathan Kay
>>Microsoft MVP - Windows Messenger/MSN Messenger
>>Associate Expert
>>http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/
>>Messenger Resources - http://messenger.jonathankay.com
>>All posts unless otherwise specified are (c) 2005 Jonathan Kay.
>>You *must* contact me for redistribution rights.
>>
>>"Dave Bower" <dave@maquis.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
>>news:D vcsf19lkl3iqlidnp8hinup9tm2qkq98p@4ax.com...
>>>
>>> Hi Folks
>>>
>>> I am looking for a utility that will log when my MSN contacts log in
>>> and out.
>>>
>>> I would like a program that writes to a text file when a contact logs
>>> in and out again. I can find plenty of logging software but all I
>>> want to do is produce a log of when my contacts have been online while
>>> I have been away.
>>>
>>> Any suggestions?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance
>>>
>>> Dave

August 16, 2005 12:10:29 AM

Jonathan Kay [MVP] wrote:
> Greetings Dave,
>
> Messenger Plus can do this (http://www.msgplus.net). The option is located on the main
> Messenger window, Plus! menu, Preferences, Logging category, and the Event Logging button.

This application comes with spyware, but oddly enough has an option to
not install it! Make sure you don't otherwise it'll take over your pc!

--
Marc
Visit http://www.iMarc.co.uk/ for contact information..