MSN Contacts logger

Hi Folks

I am looking for a utility that will log when my MSN contacts log in
and out.

I would like a program that writes to a text file when a contact logs
in and out again. I can find plenty of logging software but all I
want to do is produce a log of when my contacts have been online while
I have been away.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Dave
4 answers Last reply
More about contacts logger

    Greetings Dave,

    Messenger Plus can do this (http://www.msgplus.net). The option is located on the main
    Messenger window, Plus! menu, Preferences, Logging category, and the Event Logging button.
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "Dave Bower" <dave@maquis.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

    > Hi Folks
    >
    > I am looking for a utility that will log when my MSN contacts log in
    > and out.
    >
    > I would like a program that writes to a text file when a contact logs
    > in and out again. I can find plenty of logging software but all I
    > want to do is produce a log of when my contacts have been online while
    > I have been away.
    >
    > Any suggestions?
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > Dave

    On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 10:52:44 +0100, "Jonathan Kay [MVP]"
    <msnewsreplies@jonathankay.com> wrote:

    Thanks, Messenger Plus looks great

    >Greetings Dave,
    >
    >Messenger Plus can do this (http://www.msgplus.net). The option is located on the main
    >Messenger window, Plus! menu, Preferences, Logging category, and the Event Logging button.
    >Jonathan Kay
    >Associate Expert
    >All posts unless otherwise specified are (c) 2005 Jonathan Kay.
    >
    >"Dave Bower" <dave@maquis.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Hi Folks
    >>
    >> I am looking for a utility that will log when my MSN contacts log in
    >> and out.
    >>
    >> I would like a program that writes to a text file when a contact logs
    >> in and out again. I can find plenty of logging software but all I
    >> want to do is produce a log of when my contacts have been online while
    >> I have been away.
    >>
    >> Any suggestions?
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance
    >>
    >> Dave

    Hi Dave,

    You're very welcome :)

    Jonathan Kay [MVP] wrote:
    > Greetings Dave,
    >
    > Messenger Plus can do this (http://www.msgplus.net). The option is located on the main
    > Messenger window, Plus! menu, Preferences, Logging category, and the Event Logging button.

    This application comes with spyware, but oddly enough has an option to
    not install it! Make sure you don't otherwise it'll take over your pc!

    --
    Marc
    Visit http://www.iMarc.co.uk/ for contact information..

MSN Messenger Microsoft Windows XP