A couple of questions

Adam

Archived from groups: alt.games.dark-age-of-camelot (More info?)

First one:

Regarding weapon specs like blades/piercing/heavy weapon etc. I know the
level you have trained determines which styles you get, but does it also
affect anything else, e.g. the damage done? The reason I ask is that
many items have +weapon skill bonuses but you don't get the styles even
if the bonus takes you to that level so I don't really see the point in
them.

Second one:

Can somebody (prob from european servers) explain what "rolling for
loot" means, and how the /lotto command works and how they coincide as I
often hear this being talked about on raids but have no idea how it works.

Thanks in advance,

Adam <dont@mail.me> wrote:
> First one:

> Regarding weapon specs like blades/piercing/heavy weapon etc. I know the
> level you have trained determines which styles you get, but does it also
> affect anything else, e.g. the damage done? The reason I ask is that
> many items have +weapon skill bonuses but you don't get the styles even
> if the bonus takes you to that level so I don't really see the point in
> them.

Your level in the weapon also determins damage dealt, and chance to hit, so
a weapon with a + to that spec, will have a better chance of hitting and
doing more damage.

> Second one:

> Can somebody (prob from european servers) explain what "rolling for
> loot" means, and how the /lotto command works and how they coincide as I
> often hear this being talked about on raids but have no idea how it works.

Rolling for loot, is when something nice drops and each person rolls a
random number between 0 and 100, highest number wins the item. As for
/lotto, I am not familiar with that command, it must be new. I haven't
played DAoC in about 8 months.. I do plan on starting up again soon.

I have a 42 Reaver on Percival and a 50 Bone Dancer on Guinever, So I may
come back and play my reaver up a bit. Hopefully Percival isn't to deserted
these days.

-Steve

--
"Knowing others is wisdom, knowing your self is Enlightenment." - Lao-Tzu
"An hour of hard work can often save you sixty seconds on Google"

Adam schrieb:
> First one:
>
> Regarding weapon specs like blades/piercing/heavy weapon etc. I know the
> level you have trained determines which styles you get, but does it also
> affect anything else, e.g. the damage done? The reason I ask is that
> many items have +weapon skill bonuses but you don't get the styles even
> if the bonus takes you to that level so I don't really see the point in
> them.

Only the trained weapon-skill gives you the different styles, the bonus
on weapons and/or armor just changes the damage-output. Means new styles
are only available if you trained your skill to the level, e.g. if you
get style "xy" with weapon skill 25, you only get this style when you´re
at least lvl 25 and trained your weaponskill to that lvl. if you are lvl
22 and have some nice +bonus on some items and get a total
weapon-skill of 22(trained) + 5(items), you only maximize your
damage-output, but are not able to use the lvl 23-27styles unless you´ve
trained up to that level.
Only way i know is the shadowblade in midgard (dunno if this works with
the other venom-users as well), which can use the total-envenom-skill
(trained AND items) to buy&use the venom. E.g. a lvl 39 shadowblade can
use lvl45 venom, if the sb got a total envenom-skill of 45 (trained and
item-bonus).

> Second one:
>
> Can somebody (prob from european servers) explain what "rolling for
> loot" means, and how the /lotto command works and how they coincide as I
> often hear this being talked about on raids but have no idea how it works.

This just means that some nice drops/artefacts won´t go to the person
who looted that item, but instead will be raffled within all
group/raidmembers.
Depending on the rules of the raid-leader, you normally have to "roll" a
number between 1-1000 or choose a "random" number between a given range.
For that you have to use /roll <number> or /random <number>, depending
on the rules of your leader ;)
Hope that helped a little,
*T*

Adam schrieb:
> Right understand now. Thanks for the info guys.
>
> Adam

you´re welcome m8 :)
*T*

"Adam" <dont@mail.me> wrote in message
> First one:
>
> Regarding weapon specs like blades/piercing/heavy weapon etc. I know the
> level you have trained determines which styles you get, but does it also
> affect anything else, e.g. the damage done? The reason I ask is that many
> items have +weapon skill bonuses but you don't get the styles even if the
> bonus takes you to that level so I don't really see the point in them.

I have seen a couple answers and they are all correct but here is the way it
works.

your damage output ability is the same max if you train or not but

and I say BUT.

you minimum damage and the % to do max goes up with training.

IE: your level 12
weapon skill = 1 dam output = 25% - 125%
weapon skill = 8 dam output = 75% - 125% this is roughly 2/3 skill to level
weapon skill = 12 dam output = 100% - 125% this is max skill points in the
skill.

Skill bonus of + skill o nitems asist in this ability. also it gives you
modifiers to weapon damage output.
also you must train in a weapon skill to acheive the styles available. But
no you do not need to max your skill ou to be an equivalant level 50
swordsman or what ever. you justt need to max your skill out to getthe
styles.

Envenom and stealth and parry are skills that the +skill effects how they
are used. Envenom alows you to use higher poinsons than yourskill wiht the +
skill and parry and stealth you are treated like yo have the higher ability.

> Second one:
>
> Can somebody (prob from european servers) explain what "rolling for loot"
> means, and how the /lotto command works and how they coincide as I often
> hear this being talked about on raids but have no idea how it works.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Adam

this everyone answered. it is typed
/random #

#= the number of the given random score.

IE: 300 = random number from 1 - 300
1000 = random number 1 = 1000

etc etc