Another Latitude LS Question

Can someone with a LS check whether the machine can power up on the AC
adaptor alone (no battery)? I am having some trouble with my LS
(haven't used it in a while and now it doesn't want to charge the
battery or work with the AC adaptor alone). The AC adaptor seems fine
(it lights up and there's a charge going all the way through -- will
check exact output later), and when I plug it into the machine without a
battery the lights in the front flicker on and off (not sure if it's
suppose to).

Any help is appreciated,
Nick

I don't have one anymore, but mine absolutely did work without a battery.

Tom