What's missing from SA?

Archived from groups: (More info?)

Now that most people have played or finished the game, is there anything
that you would have included in the game, given your choice?

I would have thought surfing was a must. It's the west coast, dude. Ya gotta
surf.

Also, a some version of Alcatraz near SF. Maybe you could go visit Sweet
inside, or try to spring him.
44 answers Last reply
More about what missing
  1. Archived from groups: (More info?)

    Paul O'Neill wrote:

    > Now that most people have played or finished the game, is there anything
    > that you would have included in the game, given your choice?
    >
    > I would have thought surfing was a must. It's the west coast, dude. Ya gotta
    > surf.
    >
    > Also, a some version of Alcatraz near SF. Maybe you could go visit Sweet
    > inside, or try to spring him.

    I'd like to be able to interact with everyone in the game and
    vice-versa. I'd like emergency vehicles to acknowledge that you have
    your siren on... if you're driving an ambulance at high speed the cops
    are hardly going to block your way!

    I was going to say that like Simpson's hit and run there should be a
    limit of, say, five tries at something then you would be able to skip
    that something, but we'd all get lazy and skip everything :O)

    --
    Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
    Stop and Look

    Like Paul H. says, more interactivity. Better AI for the cops,
    currently they're too perfect in some ways, and too stupid in others.

    Speed up the "buying stuff" process, and the clothes-changing.

    Phil Hibbs.
  3. Archived from groups: (More info?)

    There is a small island off of San Fiero that I believe is meant to
    implicate Alcatraz...., nothing on it but I think it's supposed to be the
    Rock....

    "Paul O'Neill" <news-x@lazyeyedpsycho.cjb dot net> wrote in message
    > Now that most people have played or finished the game, is there anything
    > that you would have included in the game, given your choice?
    >
    > I would have thought surfing was a must. It's the west coast, dude. Ya
    gotta
    > surf.
    >
    > Also, a some version of Alcatraz near SF. Maybe you could go visit Sweet
    > inside, or try to spring him.

  4. Archived from groups: (More info?)

    Spike strips or stingers are available but only as a mission tool.

    I want vehicles in vehicles.

    Should be able to put a bike in a pickup or a car into a Cargobob.

    In some ways I think it should go back to Ultima 7 style interactivity
    as a living world. While that 1992 game or whatever had pretty much all
    openable buildings with items, there isn't as much in 2005 with GTA?
    This is making GTA more and more like an RPG.

    I say put animals and children in it as well!

    T.
  5. Archived from groups: (More info?)

    Cops spawn more realistically (not out of thin air!). Even better they
    should be shown as red blips on the radar.

    Also, if you can have a mini-challenge that if you can kill say 20
    tanks, certain truckloads or army guys/FBI/police after 6 stars, they
    should stop trying to kill you and let you have a little rampage as
    reward?

    Yeah, changing clothes and buy food should be streamlined. That is
    priority 1.
  6. Archived from groups: (More info?)

    I don't see this is a problem per se... many many many games feature
    women, children, babies in prams... I can name a few games where you
    can kill them.

    I remember something like Fallout where you got into huge gunfights in
    urban areas and civilians including childen, pets, babies in prams got
    caught in the crossfire.

    It's just that GTA is in the news and Ultima wasn't, nor was Fallout or
    Syndicate.

    T.
  7. Archived from groups: (More info?)

    The horrid interface carries over from the PS2... I could not think of
    a more arcane way or set of buttons to purchase or inventory manage.

    In many ways, that's a part of the 'charm' of GTA!

    T.
  8. Archived from groups: (More info?)

    > 4. A better (ie: quicker) way of changing clothes. Something like The
    > Sims would be good. The current method is just to damn long, would
    > it have killed R* to make changing apparel like changing the colour
    > of a car?

    I can change my clothes in real life quicker than CJ does in the game.
    And if you count the fact that 1 real life min = 1 hour in the game,
    then CJ takes more time to get ready than your average girlfriend/wife.
  9. Archived from groups: (More info?)

    I would like the ability to 'import' Vice and Liberty City and run
    under the 'new' engine.

    T.
  10. Archived from groups: (More info?)

    tlai909@visto.com wrote in news:1125615670.672261.86370
    @o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

    > Spike strips or stingers are available but only as a mission tool.
    >
    > I want vehicles in vehicles.
    >
    > Should be able to put a bike in a pickup or a car into a Cargobob.
    >
    > In some ways I think it should go back to Ultima 7 style interactivity
    > as a living world. While that 1992 game or whatever had pretty much all
    > openable buildings with items, there isn't as much in 2005 with GTA?
    > This is making GTA more and more like an RPG.
    >
    > I say put animals and children in it as well!
    >
    > T.

    Being able to kill children (and animals) would really send the
    opposition groups ballistic and turn a lot of players off. And having
    them but not being able to kill them would be awfully unrealistic. No
    kids or dogs in GTA, please. I like being able to kill with a clean
    conscience!

    The Powers That Be at Rockstar are said to be adamantly against this,
    anyway. Good.

    -- Bob
  11. Archived from groups: (More info?)

    In message <XqGdnY8iGbZV_oreRVn-1A@rogers.com>
    "Marc Cormier" <maccor@rogers.com> wrote:

    > There is a small island off of San Fiero that I believe is meant to
    > implicate Alcatraz...., nothing on it but I think it's supposed to be the
    > Rock....

    There is? Where abouts?

    Cheers,
    Rob
  12. Archived from groups: (More info?)

    On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 22:40:08 +0100, Rob White wrote:

    > In message <XqGdnY8iGbZV_oreRVn-1A@rogers.com>
    > "Marc Cormier" <maccor@rogers.com> wrote:
    >
    >> There is a small island off of San Fiero that I believe is meant to
    >> implicate Alcatraz...., nothing on it but I think it's supposed to be
    >> the Rock....
    >
    > There is? Where abouts?

    there's a couple off of the east coast... i remember one during the
    mission where you have to avoid the boats to get to the ship and rescue
    hostages.

    that one had people on it who were having a party and the other has a
    photo opportunity above it.

    those are the ones i'm familiar with... there may be more?
  13. Archived from groups: (More info?)

    I've stated all my GTA locations/setting wishes many times before, so
    no need to repeat again here. Independently of settings, what I would
    like to have is what makes the GTA games GTA:

    1.) Music - I think people underestimate just how essential this is to
    the atmosphere of GTA. To see how this is done properly, see a
    little-known, obscure game called Vice City - I want THAT kind of
    quality soundtrack all the fcuking time!!! In SA it's teh
    ghey!!11!!11!!!!1!!!

    2.) Move away from the same 'Liberty City'-urban-America style feel.
    After 3 iterations, it's really getting a bit old now.

    3.) Make it possible to travel between Liberty City , Vice City, SA and
    whatever future location. They should be able to compress LC, VC, and
    SA onto a separate disk. So if a disk swap is required to go from
    'Current City' to one of the others, I'd be more than willing to swap
    DVDs to do so.

    3.) Decent hideouts a la Hyman Condo. Loads of garage space + a
    Maverick/Hunter spawning on the roof.

    4.) More Maverick spawn locations. One of the things I really don't
    like about SA is the lack of Maverick spawn points. Not too much to ask
    is it?

    5.) Please R* - do more fcuking QA before you release PS3 GTA, FFS!!
    Vice City was fairly bug-free, but PS2 SA has too many annoying bugs
    that detract from the experience.

    6.) Bin the whole pain-in-the-ass girlfriend, exercising, and eating
    things. Tedious, annoying and buggy as fcuk.

    7.) More stuff/properties to buy!! There's nothing to spend money on
    after you've bought all the properties!! Luxury Yachts would be a good
    idea - sort of a floating, moving hideout (make the big yachts have
    heli spawn points)!

    8.) More interiors - I was expecting a lot more from SA in this
    respect than actually was delivered.

    9.) All the other stuff I want but can't remember right now... =)
  14. Archived from groups: (More info?)

    "Paul O'Neill" <news-x@lazyeyedpsycho.cjb dot net> wrote in message
    > Now that most people have played or finished the game, is there anything
    > that you would have included in the game, given your choice?
    >
    > I would have thought surfing was a must. It's the west coast, dude. Ya
    > gotta surf.
    >
    > Also, a some version of Alcatraz near SF. Maybe you could go visit Sweet
    > inside, or try to spring him.

    Not necessarily want anything included but some things in SA could be
    drastically changed. The whole changing clothes scenes was a total pain in
    the arse and could easily have been bettered by being able to see the
    clothes before trying them on.
  15. Archived from groups: (More info?)

    "Paul O'Neill" <news-x@lazyeyedpsycho.cjb dot net> wrote in message
    > Now that most people have played or finished the game, is there anything
    > that you would have included in the game, given your choice?

    1 - Rampages should still be in the game
    2 - A weapon to use while swimming - some sort of harpoon gun
    3 - There are some great locations in the game that would suit 4x4
    challenges similar to those in GTA 3
    4 - The Stinger - this was an excellent car, and as it existed in the time
    of Vice City and GTA 3, should exist in the time SA is set in.
    5 - The Sniper Rifle should have skill levels. Maybe the range could
    increase as you got to gangster and hitman.
    6 - As a reward for 100%, the opportunity to visit Liberty City and freely
    explore.

    Rob
  16. Archived from groups: (More info?)

    "Dumbass" <fake@fake.com> wrote in

    > Traffic jams would be interesting..
    >
    > Think a scene where.. you are trying to get away from the cops.. and
    > you hit traffic on the freeway... You panic... get of of the car.. and
    > down the road as the cops and running chasing after you...

    Going through a traffic jam in a Rhino would be fun. Especially if they
    give the Rhino the ability to crush and flatten cars like a real tank
    instead of just blowing them up or knocking them around. :)

    So many delicious possibilities with the PS3 coming up. I hope Rockstar is
    able to make a few of them come true...

    -- Bob
  17. Archived from groups: (More info?)

    > ...CJ takes more time to get ready than your average girlfriend/wife.

    She's not average, she's pretty damn sexy!

    ;-)
  18. Archived from groups: (More info?)

    I just keep mine naked....

    "G Hardy" <gareth.hardy1@ntlwrold.com> wrote in message
    > > ...CJ takes more time to get ready than your average girlfriend/wife.
    >
    > She's not average, she's pretty damn sexy!
    >
    > ;-)

  19. Archived from groups: (More info?)

    Paul O'Neill wrote:
    > Now that most people have played or finished the game, is there anything
    > that you would have included in the game, given your choice?
    >
    > I would have thought surfing was a must. It's the west coast, dude. Ya gotta
    > surf.
    >
    > Also, a some version of Alcatraz near SF. Maybe you could go visit Sweet
    > inside, or try to spring him.

    There are lot of things they could have included (or left out) to
    improve the game.

    First and foremost is that it was just too easy. Increased difficulty
    would have been nice. The first time I played it, it seemed like I
    walked right through it with very little difficulty.
    It took me longer to finish Vice City than San Andreas.

    The gym and eating requirements are dumb, imo. This isn't The Sims. If
    you weren't required to go to the gym to "get yourself a gangsta
    physique", there would be no point to it at all. Yeah, you need certain
    characteristics to date certain girls, but they aren't required to
    advance in the game. It would have been good if, after dating a girl up
    to 100%, she provided you with some extra missions. They had to create
    the "gangsta physique" requirement just to justify the gym. Waste of
    good programming, if you ask me.

    Most of the safe houses are completely useless. One or two would have
    been more than enough. They could have put rentals in the other areas.
    You can save there, but it'll cost you each time and you won't have
    access to your wardrobe.

    Speaking of the wardrobe, it's a waste. There is no need for those
    outfits and it takes waaay too long to change into them.

    Burglaries are alright, but what happened to robberies? Why can't I
    hold up a jewelry store, or the OTB (without Catalina), or a Burger
    Shot, etc.? Loc being fired would have been a perfect segue into an
    "avenge Loc and knock off all Burger Shots in Los Santos" mission.

    Where are the rampages? It was fun in VC to have to kill 20 gang
    members in 2 minutes using only a sword. I want rampages. I liked
    rampages.

    Recruited gang members just get in the way. Other than the missions
    that require gang recruiting, I have never recruited anyone. There's no
    point.

    The import/export process is too cumbersome. Walk to the board, find a
    car that's available on that day and summon it, get in the crane, grab
    the car and lower it to the dock, exit the crane, get in the car and
    leave. Why do all that for a Perennial (or whatever) when you can jog
    up the street and grab a Banshee that's just sitting there? I've never
    imported a car.

    If there's "yay" being pushed all over the city, why can't you make CJ
    smoke some? It could increase muscle and decrease aim and driving
    ability, or some such.

    And how come the garage in San Fierro never gets completed!? First time
    through, I thought "cool, I'll eventually have my own chop shop". I was
    just a little disappointed when I found out that not only is the shop
    just a save point, but you can only use one bay in the garage to store
    cars! Come to think of it, are there any two-bay garages at all in this
    entire game? The Hyman Condo in VC had three!

    There are many others. Still a decent game, but they could have done so
    much more.
  20. Archived from groups: (More info?)

    "Paul O'Neill" <news-x@lazyeyedpsycho.cjb dot net> wrote in
    message news:3np1btF2dcbcU1@individual.net...
    > Now that most people have played or finished the game, is
    > there anything that you would have included in the game,
    > given your choice?
    >
    > I would have thought surfing was a must. It's the west
    > coast, dude. Ya gotta surf.
    >
    > Also, a some version of Alcatraz near SF. Maybe you could
    > go visit Sweet inside, or try to spring him.

    A walkman radio for when you are walking or riding
  21. Archived from groups: (More info?)

    In article <3np1btF2dcbcU1@individual.net>, Paul O'Neill wrote:
    > Now that most people have played or finished the game, is there anything
    > that you would have included in the game, given your choice?

    Here's my biggest wish:
    * An open scripting interface!!!

    It seems to me like the in-game missions barely fulfill the potential of
    this huge game world. I know someone reverse-engineered a scripting tool
    online... it looks kind of awkward to use, though, as demonstrated by the
    relatively tiny number of mission script mods that have been released by
    fans.

    I would really like to see a GTA game with an open, high-level,
    officially documented scripting language. (Preferably a set of libraries
    for a real language like Perl or TCL.)

    Erik Seligman, eseligma@aracnet.com / eseligma@ichips.intel.com
    Speaking for myself, not Intel or Aracnet.
  22. Archived from groups: (More info?)

    In message <1125623651.172783.270890@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>
    tlai909@visto.com wrote:

    > I don't see this is a problem per se... many many many games feature
    > women, children, babies in prams... I can name a few games where you
    > can kill them.

    IIRC, Age Of Empires had a baby in a pram with a gatling gun!

    Cheers,
    Rob
  23. Archived from groups: (More info?)

    In message <nIqdnZ2dnZ2YFSDsnZ2dnVC6hd6dnZ2dRVn-zp2dnZ0@rogers.com>
    "Marc Cormier" <maccor@rogers.com> wrote:

    > I just keep mine naked....

    CJ, or your wife/girlfriend ? <ducks head>

    :o)

    Cheers,
    Rob
  24. Archived from groups: (More info?)

    In message <7lORe.4767$Ys5.4284@newsfe7-gui.ntli.net>
    "Rob Lancaster" <robert.lancaster12@ntlworld.com> wrote:

    > 1 - Rampages should still be in the game

    Agreed, I had a lot of fun with working out how to do the Rampages in
    GTAIII and VC more easily. A LOT of fun :o)

    > 2 - A weapon to use while swimming - some sort of harpoon gun

    I was kind of thinking about that....

    > 3 - There are some great locations in the game that would suit 4x4
    > challenges similar to those in GTA 3
    >
    > 4 - The Stinger - this was an excellent car, and as it existed in the
    > time of Vice City and GTA 3, should exist in the time SA is set in.

    .....and that. The Stinger was one of my preferred cars in GTAIII.

    > 5 - The Sniper Rifle should have skill levels. Maybe the range could
    > increase as you got to gangster and hitman.

    Again, I agree. I'd like the ability to blow limbs off using the sniper
    rifle. As it stands, it's a one shot-kill weapon. Hardly much fun if
    you fancy maiming somebody :o)

    > 6 - As a reward for 100%, the opportunity to visit Liberty City and
    > freely explore.

    That would be a nice idea.

    Cheers,
    Rob
  25. Archived from groups: (More info?)

    "Rob White" <mflt35@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
    > In message <XqGdnY8iGbZV_oreRVn-1A@rogers.com>
    > "Marc Cormier" <maccor@rogers.com> wrote:
    >
    >> There is a small island off of San Fiero that I believe is meant to
    >> implicate Alcatraz...., nothing on it but I think it's supposed to be the
    >> Rock....
    >
    > There is? Where abouts?
    >

    > Cheers,
    > Rob
    > --
    > .__ __ |__ |__ .|__ __ | Rob White, Half Man Half Biscuit.
    > | / \| \ | | || ||| /__\ | mflt35@dsl.pipex.com
    > | \__/|__/ |_|_|| |||__\___ | Wimbledon, London, England.

    Maybe he means that rocky outcropping next to Pier 69 (?)...the one with the
    underwater channel.
  26. Archived from groups: (More info?)

    On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 23:50:46 +0100, Razor wrote:

    > "Rob White" <mflt35@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
    >> In message <XqGdnY8iGbZV_oreRVn-1A@rogers.com>
    >> "Marc Cormier" <maccor@rogers.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>> There is a small island off of San Fiero that I believe is meant to
    >>> implicate Alcatraz...., nothing on it but I think it's supposed to be
    >>> the Rock....
    >>
    >> There is? Where abouts?
    >>

    >> Cheers,
    >> Rob
    >
    > Maybe he means that rocky outcropping next to Pier 69 (?)...the one with
    > the underwater channel.

    that's the one i was on about... you have to swim through it to get to the
    ship.
  27. Archived from groups: (More info?)

    > 7. I would have really loved SA to have had borders, not just water all
    > around it. I'm not sure, but I don't think America has any island
    > states (And peninsulas don't count). Going out of the area and into

    Only the Sandwich Islands that were nicked from GB. There are also islands
    which are territories of the US.
  28. Archived from groups: (More info?)

    Marc Cormier wrote:
    > well Hawaii is an island state but a little more out there than you were
    > thinking of I'm sure....,
    >
    > There's also Long Island New York...., Rhode Island as well....

    And Samoa, Baker Island, Guam, Howland Island, Jarvis Island, Johnston
    Atoll, Kingman Reef, Midway Atoll, Navassa Island, Northern Mariana
    Islands, Palmyra Atoll, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, and Wake Island.

    Yeah, I pasted it. So what? :)
  29. Archived from groups: (More info?)

    "Shirley Haney" <shirleyhaney@dontcallmesurely.org> wrote in message
    > > 7. I would have really loved SA to have had borders, not just water all
    > > around it. I'm not sure, but I don't think America has any island
    > > states (And peninsulas don't count). Going out of the area and into
    >
    > Only the Sandwich Islands that were nicked from GB. There are also
    islands
    > which are territories of the US.

  30. Archived from groups: (More info?)

    lol..., you forgot the Florida Keys....,

    "Vandar" <vandar69@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Marc Cormier wrote:
    > > well Hawaii is an island state but a little more out there than you were
    > > thinking of I'm sure....,
    > >
    > > There's also Long Island New York...., Rhode Island as well....
    >
    > And Samoa, Baker Island, Guam, Howland Island, Jarvis Island, Johnston
    > Atoll, Kingman Reef, Midway Atoll, Navassa Island, Northern Mariana
    > Islands, Palmyra Atoll, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, and Wake Island.
    >
    > Yeah, I pasted it. So what? :)

  31. Archived from groups: (More info?)

    TV's Marc Cormier wrote:
    > well Hawaii is an island state but a little more out there than you were
    > thinking of I'm sure....,
    >
    > There's also Long Island New York...., Rhode Island as well....

    Most of Rhode Island isn't really an island. The full name of Rhode Island
    is "Rhode Island and Providence Plantations."
  32. Archived from groups: (More info?)

    >5 - The Sniper Rifle should have skill levels. Maybe the range could
    >increase as you got to gangster and hitman.

    Your hands could become steadier as your skill improved making it
    easier to lock onto a target.

    ---

    I'd like to be able to buy a walkman at some stage in the game so I
    can listen to the radio when I'm on foot.

    A tag/oyster/horseshoe detector. Just kidding
  33. Archived from groups: (More info?)

    >First and foremost is that it was just too easy. Increased difficulty
    >would have been nice. The first time I played it, it seemed like I
    >walked right through it with very little difficulty.
    >It took me longer to finish Vice City than San Andreas.

    Some missions or parts of missions are quite boring cos they are too
    easy then there is a hard part where you get killed or fail and you
    have to go through the boring bit again.

    >The gym and eating requirements are dumb, imo. This isn't The Sims. If
    >you weren't required to go to the gym to "get yourself a gangsta
    >physique", there would be no point to it at all. Yeah, you need certain
    >characteristics to date certain girls, but they aren't required to
    >advance in the game. It would have been good if, after dating a girl up
    >to 100%, she provided you with some extra missions. They had to create
    >the "gangsta physique" requirement just to justify the gym. Waste of
    >good programming, if you ask me.

    You can ignore the gym and build muscle from cycling and running.

    >Most of the safe houses are completely useless. One or two would have
    >been more than enough. They could have put rentals in the other areas.
    >You can save there, but it'll cost you each time and you won't have
    >access to your wardrobe.

    Like the rental idea.
    Every safe house should offer something. perhaps a weapon car or
    armour.

    >If there's "yay" being pushed all over the city, why can't you make CJ
    >smoke some? It could increase muscle and decrease aim and driving
    >ability, or some such.

    I'd like that. Maybe rockstar didn't want to get into any more
    trouble.
    Different effects for different drugs. Take too much and you black out
    and wake up 8 hours later in a different location or the police
    station with a random amount of less money, armour, or health.

    The games rated R18 in New Zealand, the same rating as hard core porn
    so I'd love it to be sicker. The hot coffee mod should be standard
    (probably as Rockstar originally intended), kids and animals to kill
    (you could add a morality rating, big minus for killing kids), more
    graphic, more violent. Since it has an R18 rating, use it.
    ....but it's not going to happen. I think Rockstar wants to go as far
    as they can and still be able to sell the game in big chains in the
    US.

    >And how come the garage in San Fierro never gets completed!? First time
    >through, I thought "cool, I'll eventually have my own chop shop". I was
    >just a little disappointed when I found out that not only is the shop
    >just a save point, but you can only use one bay in the garage to store
    >cars! Come to think of it, are there any two-bay garages at all in this
    >entire game? The Hyman Condo in VC had three!

    Should have had an extra garage or two. Maybe a special modded car in
    one of them.

    >There are many others. Still a decent game, but they could have done so
    >much more.

    I think they did heaps. Love the jet pack and bicycle. Love the music,
    much improved on VC in my opinion and I'm not a huge rap fan but I've
    warmed to it. There's some great stuff there.

    There will always be more that they could have done. I give them 9/10.
  34. Archived from groups: (More info?)

    "Rockard" <none@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > >5 - The Sniper Rifle should have skill levels. Maybe the range could
    > >increase as you got to gangster and hitman.
    >
    > Your hands could become steadier as your skill improved making it
    > easier to lock onto a target.

    I reckon your sniper ability should be tied to your lung capacity - the
    larger your lung capacity, the longer you can hold your breath, the less
    movement on your extreme range shots.
  35. Archived from groups: (More info?)

    "Paul O'Neill" <news-x@lazyeyedpsycho.cjb dot net> wrote in

    > I would have thought surfing was a must. It's the west coast, dude. Ya
    > gotta surf.

    Charlie don't surf!
  36. Archived from groups: (More info?)

    Not to get racist here but CJ being an African American... I can
    understand his reluctance to swim and surf!

    I'd also like better timing control... maybe an option for CJ to sleep,
    maybe reversion to real time mechanics... some things that happen on
    certain days... it'd be easier if there was a sleep option? I don't
    know.

    This thing where 1 day = 24mins or whatever is just odd.

    T.
  37. Archived from groups: (More info?)

    The GTA games are not built to a realistic scale, either physically or
    temporally. San Anderas is only about 5 miles square at the very most,
    and has three cities in it all of which are more than 5 miles across in
    reality. Similarly, the time dimension is compressed. Whereas in real
    life it might take 6 hours to drive from San Francisco to Los Angeles,
    it takes a few minutes (of playing time) to drive from San Fierro to
    Los Santos.

    I tend to think of one minute of game time as representing what CJ is
    doing for an hour. It helps to explain how come he can have an M4, a
    rocket launcher, and 168 satchel charges on a motorbike. He 'actually'
    goes home and gets the satchel charges, but the game does not represent
    that level of detail.

    Phil Hibbs.
  38. Archived from groups: (More info?)

    I don't have a problem with the controls, and neither do many people on
    this list.

    Phil Hibbs.
  39. The ability to customize and "pimp" out every car in the game with full body kits / exhaust / turbo / Blue HED lights / Rims etc...
  40. You should be able to park your boat. Maybe in a seaside house.

    More guns too
  41. Quote:
    In message <7lORe.4767$Ys5.4284@newsfe7-gui.ntli.net>
    "Rob Lancaster" <robert.lancaster12@ntlworld.com> wrote:

    > 1 - Rampages should still be in the game

    Agreed, I had a lot of fun with working out how to do the Rampages in
    GTAIII and VC more easily. A LOT of fun :o)

    > 2 - A weapon to use while swimming - some sort of harpoon gun

    I was kind of thinking about that....

    > 3 - There are some great locations in the game that would suit 4x4
    > challenges similar to those in GTA 3
    >
    > 4 - The Stinger - this was an excellent car, and as it existed in the
    > time of Vice City and GTA 3, should exist in the time SA is set in.

    .....and that. The Stinger was one of my preferred cars in GTAIII.

    > 5 - The Sniper Rifle should have skill levels. Maybe the range could
    > increase as you got to gangster and hitman.

    Again, I agree. I'd like the ability to blow limbs off using the sniper
    rifle. As it stands, it's a one shot-kill weapon. Hardly much fun if
    you fancy maiming somebody :o)

    > 6 - As a reward for 100%, the opportunity to visit Liberty City and
    > freely explore.

    That would be a nice idea.

    Cheers,
    Rob

    You know Rob, I agree with you, but I like the sound from GTA Vice City much better than GTA San Andreas!!!! I mean the company messed up lots of stuff, including weapons, a little bit of cars, sounds, I mean they did not put the items I liked in GTA.....uhh whatever it is! I mean just hear the sound of the M4 rifle in San Andreas, it sucks, but in Vice City, I call it a thumbs up! GTA San Andreas itself is ok for now, it is not bad, but they can at least put in the good stuff like....um......whatever weapons you like! Oh and can someone name EVERY weapon in San Andreas for me please. Sorry for making this too long.
  42. Quote:

    Oh and can someone name EVERY weapon in San Andreas for me please. Sorry for making this too long.

    Quote:

    Weapons
    The weapon selection in San Andreas is approximately the same as in Vice City, with a few additions or replacements. Just like in Vice City, weapons are categorized by type, and the player can carry only one weapon in each "slot" at a time.

    Slot 1: Hand: bare fist, brass knuckles
    Slot 2: Melee Weapons: baseball bat, shovel, cue stick, katana, golf club, nightstick, knife, chainsaw
    Slot 3: Handguns: 9mm pistol*, silenced 9mm pistol, Desert Eagle
    Slot 4: Shotguns: pump-action shotgun, sawn-off shotgun*, combat shotgun (SPAS-12)
    Slot 5: Sub-Machine Guns: TEC-9*, micro-SMG (Mac-10)*, SMG (H&K MP5)
    Slot 6: Assault Rifles: AK-47, M4 Carbine
    Slot 7: Rifles: hunting rifle, sniper rifle
    Slot 8: Heavy Weapons: rocket launcher, flame thrower, heat-seeking rocket launcher, minigun
    Slot 9: Explosives and Incendiaries: hand grenade, tear gas grenade, Molotov cocktail, remote satchel charge
    Slot 10: Handheld Items: fire extinguisher, spray paint, camera
    Slot 11: Gifts: flowers, a cane, dildos, and vibrators which can be given to CJ's girlfriends
    Slot 12: Special Items: thermal/night vision goggles, parachute
    Slot 13: Etc.: detonator

    Man I think the whole shooting/aiming/killing/health thing needs to be looked at again. I've survived 10 bullet wounds, only to trip on a pavement and die! Been in 120+mph car crashes and then fallen off a roof and died! I think auto aim should be scrapped, it's not fun and there's no element of skill involved. And drive-bys should not take 4 bullets to kill everyone. There should be a one shot kill rule, or if the shot hits you in the leg CJ should limp for a while(how long?)You should be able to die in car crashes, and a new car damage physics engine. You should be able to see inside the car, maybe go first person and then be able to shoot out any window. Buildings should be ablw to be damaged, and destroyed. And finally, GTA online, with gangs acting like the guilds, and a point system for the gang, internal structure depending on the reputation you have, more points get deducted when higher level members of the gang get killed, every gang having districts at the start and takeovers/total wipeouts possible, modding/patches/new missions possible, full blown street wars with choppers and tanks and everything!!!! WHEW!
  43. Quote:

[...]

  44. Thanks! Oh I also forgot to include in my message that the weapons shops should have at least almost all the weapons in the store like teargas, a rocket launcher, and other things.

    And they should have a girl friend that is in the army! She would give us an armor suit with a rank sergant, corporal, private, or whatever rank on it! She would give us the keys to her tank! She would give or sell us USA military stuff like vision goggles, M16, a knife, pistols, SMG's, rocket launchers, grenades including teargas, sniper rifle, and the other military weapons. And her home simply not near the restricted area, but somewhere else.

    Now I know that this idea maybe stupid (I know, I know) she is in the army, she will kill us if CJ is a gangsta, but it would feel good wouldn't, WOULDN'T?

PC gaming Games Video Games