MSN audio/video causes loss of internet connection

Just installed a webcamera and came across a strange problem;

MSN chatting works fine, but once I try to activate audio/video my
internet connection (DSL) drops for a few minutes. I have no internet
access what so ever.

Tried using Skype for audio and here everything works just fine.

Any suggestions to what could be the cause of this?
4 answers Last reply
More about audio video loss internet connection

    Myabe try installing the latest drivers for the webcamera.
    Does the webcamera work good with the software it came with?

    --
    Heritage
    Heritage's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=4257

    Why are you running msn messenger,it's really for use in msn explorer,
    a dial-up ISP which you dont run....Switch back to windows messenger 4.7,
    open tools,adjust for audio/video.

    "RayVes" wrote:

    > Just installed a webcamera and came across a strange problem;
    >
    > MSN chatting works fine, but once I try to activate audio/video my
    > internet connection (DSL) drops for a few minutes. I have no internet
    > access what so ever.
    >
    > Tried using Skype for audio and here everything works just fine.
    >
    > Any suggestions to what could be the cause of this?

    Um, that is not true. MSN Messenger is for everyone.
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    > Why are you running msn messenger,it's really for use in msn explorer,
    > a dial-up ISP which you dont run....Switch back to windows messenger 4.7,
    > open tools,adjust for audio/video.
    >
    > "RayVes" wrote:
    >
    >> Just installed a webcamera and came across a strange problem;
    >>
    >> MSN chatting works fine, but once I try to activate audio/video my
    >> internet connection (DSL) drops for a few minutes. I have no internet
    >> access what so ever.
    >>
    >> Tried using Skype for audio and here everything works just fine.
    >>
    >> Any suggestions to what could be the cause of this?

    Greetings,

    This is probably due to some "feature" in your DSL modem and/or router (probably all the same
    device in a lot of cases). Some notable things to look for (and turn off) in the
    configuration is SPI and SIP support.
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "RayVes" <rayner98@online.no> wrote in message
    > Just installed a webcamera and came across a strange problem;
    >
    > MSN chatting works fine, but once I try to activate audio/video my
    > internet connection (DSL) drops for a few minutes. I have no internet
    > access what so ever.
    >
    > Tried using Skype for audio and here everything works just fine.
    >
    > Any suggestions to what could be the cause of this?

MSN Audio Internet Connection Windows XP